It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Filtering Enhancement
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:33 pm 

Hi Hector glad to greet.

I have another suggestion in order to make the app more practical, saving time is always thanked. This time the addition is for both PERSON and MOVIE boxes. This is the situation, let's say we are placed on any movie and we notice the movie was produced by several countries and it has several genres. If we want to filter the movies by country or genre, instead of going to the filtered search section and pick a country from the very long dropdown list (which takes longer), we could use the genres and countries displayed on the icon dashboard but converted into links, to make the filtering a lot faster. These links could work to jump directly to the filtered search. That way Neighbors, genres, countries and tags would all be links.

Finally my suggestion for the PERSON box is to include the possibility of filtering by MOVIE or SERIE besides Director, Starring, Crew, Owned, Watched, Not Watched, because sometimes we are not interested in checking Series.

again, just a suggestion to better the user experience, we always appreciate time saving solutions.

Best regards.

Post subject: Re: Filtering Enhancement
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:59 pm 

Thank you very much for your suggestions, always welcome!

editus wrote:
Filtering Enhancement
in order to make the app more practical, saving time is always thanked.

I'm aware that setting the filters to make searches can be very tedious and we end up making less searches because it's too much of a chore. I will very soon introduce a series of improvements that will make it much faster and easier. It'll involve saved searches, and much much more. I think it'll work so well that it'll make your suggestion unnecessary!

editus wrote:
my suggestion for the PERSON box is to include the possibility of filtering by MOVIE or SERIE

Ok, I add it to my todo list. When the filmography has both movies and series, checkboxes will make it possible to select one type or the other.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:04 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
Thank you very much for your suggestions, always welcome!

editus wrote:
Filtering Enhancement
in order to make the app more practical, saving time is always thanked.

I'm aware that setting the filters to make searches can be very tedious and we end up making less searches because it's too much of a chore. I will very soon introduce a series of improvements that will make things much faster and easier. It'll involve saved searches, and much much more. I think it'll work so well that it'll make your suggestion unnecessary!

editus wrote:
my suggestion for the PERSON box is to include the possibility of filtering by MOVIE or SERIE

Ok, I add it to my todo list. When the filmography has both movies and series, checkboxes will make it possible to select one type or the other.

Great! thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:14 am 

editus wrote:

Ok, I add it to my todo list. When the filmography has both movies and series, checkboxes will make it possible to select one type or the other.[/quote]

Great! thanks[/quote]

Hi Hector
I just wanted to know if it's still in mind or it's not gonna be added in the future.

Thanks

Greetings.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:46 am 

Still on my todo list, but it's low priority, I'm working on other things for the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:23 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
Still on my todo list, but it's low priority, I'm working on other things for the moment.

Fine!

something else.
I've noticed that we can filter movies by "Video Details" such as sound, runtime, language and subtitles.

is it possible to scan all this data from local files during the scanning process, instead of doing it manually one by one?

Greetings Hector

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:31 pm 

editus wrote:
is it possible to scan all this data from local files during the scanning process, instead of doing it manually one by one?

Also on my todo list, like so many other thing :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:55 pm 

Hi, Hector, hope you well

after several releases not added yet,
is it coming in the future? Thanks

editus wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
Great! thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:20 pm 

editus wrote:
is it coming in the future?

As I said, it's low priority. Hopefully it'll happen someday, but it won't be soon.