It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Feature Redesign Request
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:07 pm 

I'm sure something along similar lines was suggested recently however it's just now that i'm really getting my thoughts cleared about what i would like to see. This is my take on the matter:

• Wished and Ordered Videos
    It would be nice if i could add the wish and ordered flags to existing videos instead of the movie itself in the cases where videos are available for the selected movie. This would mean that i can wish the collector's edition when i already have the regular copy, or Blu-ray edition when i already own the DVD etc.

• Loaned Videos
    It would also be cool if the loan field was attached to each owned video instead of the movie itself. This would allow me to have records of each video lent eg. a DVD to JOHN while the BLU-RAY version was lent to MARY.

The current Loaned, Wished and Ordered buttons could then work similar to the playfile button (popping up the video in question if only one video is Loaned/Wished/Ordered, or showng a short list of selections if multiple videos are Loaned/Wished/Ordered).

Post subject: Re: Feature Redesign Request
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:50 pm 

kakashi wrote:
It would be nice if i could add the wish and ordered flags to existing videos instead of the movie itself

Absolutely, I agree with that. You'll be able to refine your wish by specifying a media type, or even listing several videos. It'll be the same for the price alerts (triggered by a price treshold) => you'll be able to refine them by providing a media type or a list of videos.

We've already discussed that subject:

http://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=878&p=7182&hilit=wish#p7182

It was a long time ago, and the feature is still not there :roll:

That's because the skin feature took me much longer than I had planned. And now, I'm busy promoting the program (by creating a presentation video, and several other things...).

But in a few weeks, hopefully I should be able to work, at last, on all those little improvements that I promised a long time ago :V:

kakashi wrote:
allow me to have records of each video lent eg. a DVD to JOHN while the BLU-RAY version was lent to MARY.

Well, unless you're managing a video store, this case is so rare that I'm not sure that it's worth making the interface more complex for that. If one day this scenario really happens to you, you'll just have to say that you loaned the movie to "John & Mary", and you should be perfectly fine.