It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:46 pm 

I also don't think my other problems with my computer was anything to do with Coollctor. I'll try waiting for that hour glass to leave the screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:50 pm 

Raised Grain wrote:
I'll try waiting for that hour glass to leave the screen.

You own several thousand movies. It took several minutes to index on my system...

Note: the indexing won't happen every time you use Coollector. Only once when the movie encyclopedia is updated (once a week).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:10 pm 

Ok, here is the latest. I still could not see my movies by clicking the criteria search function. I clicked on the saved backup file of my movies and then I was able to see my movies in the criteria search function. So then instead of using the default Coollector icon on my screen to open Coollector, I created a shortcut of my latest backup, installed it on my screen, clicked it and now I have full function of Coollector. Huuurrrraaaayyy. I’m so glad I was able to save the backup and make it work. I dreaded inserting over 3000 movies all over again.

Thank you for your help and patience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:26 pm 

Raised Grain wrote:
I created a shortcut of my latest backup, installed it on my screen, clicked it and now I have full function of Coollector.

It's a good idea to create a shortcut on the desktop if you want to use several coollections (for instance yours and your friend's). But it's not necessary if you use only one. Now we know the coollection file is OK. You must have done something wrong... You need to copy it in the right place, with the right name: "My Documents\Coollector\MyCoollection.cool"

Raised Grain wrote:
I’m so glad I was able to save the backup and make it work. I dreaded inserting over 3000 movies all over again.

I still don't understand why you had to use the backup on your laptop. Why did you lose the .cool file on your desktop ? And also, Coollector makes backups automatically, located in the same place as the .cool file, inside a folder named "Backups", so why ?...

Raised Grain wrote:
Thank you for your help and patience.

Thank YOU for reporting bugs and allowing me to improve the program !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:43 pm 

I still don't understand why you had to use the backup on your laptop. Why did you lose the .cool file on your desktop ? And also, Coollector makes backups automatically, located in the same place as the .cool file, inside a folder named "Backups", so why ?... I thought, for some reason that my problems stemmed from a corrupt file on my desktop computer. Then the desktop computer crashes leaving me with no choice but to use the backup from my laptop. Alls well that ends well.