Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

Re: Suggestion for filtered search

Tue May 21, 2013 12:38 pm

There isn't a "not owned" filter, but there's a "not rated (not yet seen)" filter. If you rate all the movies that you've seen, it'll do the trick.

For your information, if you're looking for interesting movies to download, I plan to add a prediction system that will guess how much you'll like a movie you haven't seen yet, based on your previous ratings. So start rating all the movies that you've seen. It's already a good habit today, and it'll be even more useful when this feature is released.

Tue May 21, 2013 1:53 pm

you want me to rate 3000+ movies !!

Tue May 21, 2013 2:05 pm

shm wrote:you want me to rate 3000+ movies !!

If you don't want to, I don't force you. But normally, it's one of the main features of Coollector.

I feel like you're a hoarder more than a movie lover. Do you watch the movies that you download? :roll:

Wed May 22, 2013 8:08 am

most of them but a lot of them was before the program so do i need to go and watch every movie again so that i can rate them?

Wed May 22, 2013 9:45 am

shm wrote:most of them but a lot of them was before the program so do i need to go and watch every movie again so that i can rate them?

Of course you don't have to watch them again. You should remember if they were good or not. If you don't remember, we have a special rating for that: "neutral".

You'll see that rating the movies you've seen will allow you to avoid watching a movie you've already watched but don't even remember. Also, it'll help you discover new movies to watch, for example if you realize that it's the same director who was at the helm of several movies you've really enjoyed.

Finally, you said that you used no filter. I think that using the "year" filter could help you, for example to display only the 2013 movies.

Wed May 22, 2013 5:32 pm

I guess I will stick with scrolling for now.

Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:53 pm

:D thank you very much.

Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:34 pm

Wow! I had completely forgotten this thread, and that the "not owned" filter had already been requested in 2013!

Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:19 am

(cool) Hector wrote:
swarupbasak72 wrote:Quietly enjoying it. :yahoo:

Glad you like it. It never came to my mind that this filter could be needed :sorry:

Really Wow.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:52 pm

:rofl:
Post a reply