It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: trailers
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:54 pm 

i use this searchstring to get a lot of trailers:
Code:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:moviemaze.de+[MOVIENAMEHERE]+Trailer&btnI=I'm+Feeling+Lucky

it is a german site but they have all trailers also in english and in loads of qualities so check it out
alternatively:
http://movies.yahoo.com/trailers/archive/0-9 in wmv format
www.mymovies.net have a lot of trailers also

think about it and thanks for this great program.

ps: when you do the import function, could you make it posible to load a list of movietitles that i own, like so:
Code:
Armageddon
Madagascar
The One

then i could add additional info from the listview of owned movies :hi:

Post subject: Re: trailers
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:19 pm 

rayser wrote:
i use this searchstring to get a lot of trailers:
Code:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:moviemaze.de+[MOVIENAMEHERE]+Trailer&btnI=I'm+Feeling+Lucky

it is a german site but they have all trailers also in english and in loads of qualities so check it out
alternatively:
http://movies.yahoo.com/trailers/archive/0-9 in wmv format
www.mymovies.net have a lot of trailers also

Thank you for those addresses of good trailer sites, I will use them in 2 or 3 months.

Indeed, Coollector now only allows to find trailers on Youtube, but I'll add a new "direct link" feature. For each movie, we'll provide the list of of all the links that we could find for this movie. There will be links to reference sites (IMDb, AllMovie, etc...), to official site if it exists, to high quality trailers, to reviews, etc...

rayser wrote:
ps: when you do the import function, could you make it posible to load a list of movietitles that i own, like so:
Code:
Armageddon
Madagascar
The One

then i could add additional info from the listview of owned movies :hi:

I suppose you're talking about the import feature that I will add in the coming weeks. Yes, it would work with most of the movies of your list, and when in doubt, the program would ask you to choose.

Post subject: ura
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:25 am 

you are awsome :P

a great addition might also be an option to add:
programcalls like this:
Code:
print.exe -t [title of the movie] -d [releasedate of the movie] -l [rating of the movie]

and Weblinks like this:
Code:
http://google.com?q=[title of the movie]+[releasedate of the movie]+[rating of the movie]

to some kind of Tools-menue and later on maybe add some kind of online DB where people can share their TOOLS

:shock: that would be great

And for import: a Regex-based parsing-option would be great :D

Just if at some point you are wondering what else you could add to this great Program :yes:

Thx a lot and keep up the good work

Post subject: Re: ura
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:58 am 

rayser wrote:
a great addition might also be an option to add:
programcalls like this:
Code:
print.exe -t [title of the movie] -d [releasedate of the movie] -l [rating of the movie]

Very few people would use command line parameters, but it's a good idea to allow customization of the print results, deciding which fields are displayed or not (e.g. your rating).

rayser wrote:
and Weblinks like this:
Code:
http://google.com?q=[title of the movie]+[releasedate of the movie]+[rating of the movie]

to some kind of Tools-menue and later on maybe add some kind of online DB where people can share their TOOLS

:shock: that would be great

I'm not sure that I understood this part... I plan to provide a list of direct links, which is much better than making a search for links.

rayser wrote:
And for import: a Regex-based parsing-option would be great :D

It'll be a little like regular expressions, but more user friendly. Coollector will look at your file and try to determine its structure. Coollector will tell you what structure he found, and give you a preview of the data mining. If Coollector did not automatically find the right structure, you'll be able to help it.

A structure could be as simple as "TITLE (YEAR)\n"
or even "TITLE\n"
or have more info like "TITLE (YEAR)\n MEDIA_TYPE"

Coollector would import all the useful info a could grab, and having more info (like the year) would help it matching the right movie.

Post subject: sounds great
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:50 pm 

(sorry if my english is not the best but i guess you have noticed it is not my native thounge)

to clarify my post:
my wish would be some kind of Toolsmenue from where people can jump to a webpage or launch a program and coolector passes those websites/programs the [Name of the Movie] and/or [the Year of the Movie] in the URL/commandline.

for Example:
I am looking at the movie "Madagascar" wich was released "2005" now i want to know what else happened in 2005 so i press the button of the TOOLSmenue in Coolector choose <Wikipedia> and Coolector launches: "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005" in my standardBrowser

And the Tool <Wikipedia> was added by myself in the Options-menu of Coolector like so:
"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/[Year of the Movie]"

where [Year of the Movie] is a Variable wich Coolector fills in when it launches my browser with the year of the movie that i was just looking at
and similar for the program-launching

hope i made myself clear, i would really like to see this in Coolector :yes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:04 am 

It's funny, because what you describe is very close to a tool that we already have, and use internally to search pictures of movies and persons.

This tool is included inside Coollector, you just have to activate it. To activate it, you just have to copy this file contrib.txt into the same directory where you installed Coollector.exe.

Now, when you Control + Click the picture of a movie or a person, it will open your web browser and search some photo sites for either the movie title or the person name. It works only with title and name, not with year, but honestly your example did not convince me as being very useful.

The good news is: you can edit contrib.txt to make any request you want, to any site you want. Instead of "[Name of the Movie]" you'll use "the+abyss", and instead of "[Name of the Person]" you'll use "james+cameron", and they will be replaced with the right title or name.

Tell me if that's enough for your needs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:53 am 

Nice :)

well it doesnt let me choose wich site i want to open, but rather opens all of them and it doesnt start any programs with comandline and with some movies (darkness falls) the year is essential...

i AM really happy to have already now the possibility to use the internet lookups but i would be even happier if in the future i would have the toolsmenu that i was talking about. :yes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:42 am 

rayser wrote:
well it doesnt let me choose wich site i want to open

Have you edited the file, to query the site you want ?

I'm willing to help, but honestly, I have to tell you that I won't modify the interface of the program to add a tool menu that nobody will use.

rayser wrote:
it doesnt start any programs with comand line

What programs you want to start ? I don't understand your needs because I don't understand what you're trying to do :?

Post subject: i understand
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:09 pm 

I edited it and added a couple of my favorite sites,
but as i said, it opens them all (because it cant know wich one i want to open, because there is no menu)

that was exactly what i was sugesting:
Adding a Toolsmenu to the Interface from which users can launch their favorite website or program.

Of course you could make that menu optional therefor offering a checkbox in the Options to not show it at all.

Anyway the thing about the programs was more like a sugestion that might come in handy at some point for some people.

About the Webpages ( i really think a lot of users would appreciate and use those):
its like what we have now with Youtube-search.
I would also like to have there GoogleVideo-search.
And also Yahoo-Movie-search.

But someone else maybe just wants to lookup suff from Wikipedia or IMDB
and everyone could add those in his/her own language(s).

But for now the option with the contrib.txt is the best that is possible without adding anything to the interface.
So thank you a lot again for that tip

:yes:

Post subject: Re: i understand
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:00 pm 

rayser wrote:
I edited it and added a couple of my favorite sites,
but as i said, it opens them all (because it cant know wich one i want to open, because there is no menu)

that was exactly what i was sugesting:
Adding a Toolsmenu to the Interface from which users can launch their favorite website or program.

Of course you could make that menu optional therefor offering a checkbox in the Options to not show it at all.

Ok, now I understand better, and in fact I think it's a very nice idea. I'll modify Coollector.exe (only in a few weeks, because right now I'm too busy) and if you add "SELECT" at the beginning of contrib.txt, the program will ask you which sites to open (with checkboxes).

rayser wrote:
Anyway the thing about the programs was more like a sugestion that might come in handy at some point for some people.

I'll delay this one until someone finds a use that's really useful.

rayser wrote:
About the Webpages ( i really think a lot of users would appreciate and use those):
its like what we have now with Youtube-search.
I would also like to have there GoogleVideo-search.
And also Yahoo-Movie-search.

But someone else maybe just wants to lookup suff from Wikipedia or IMDB
and everyone could add those in his/her own language(s).

The current Youtube search is special because it uses PicLens integration.
As I already said, I plan to provide direct links to Yahoo movie, MSN movie, IMDb , TCMDb, AllMovie, Wikipedia, Apple trailers, reviews, etc...

It'll works like images, that is they won't be included in the database, but rather will be downloaded only when needed.

rayser wrote:
But for now the option with the contrib.txt is the best that is possible without adding anything to the interface.
So thank you a lot again for that tip

...And it's still very useful to contribute pictures. Picture contributions are greatly appreciated ;)