It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Corrupt bits of data
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:57 pm 

Are there plans to tease out personal (owned) data so they can be edited?

Over time, bits of data can become corrupt, for whatever reason. In the past, I've seen you request the file so it can be repaired. This takes time and precision. But that can get old real quick.

As I'm clicking through, I may find one that crashes the program just by clicking on the owned video. I've worked around that by owning a different version of the video. But if there is a way to expunge a faulty owned video as the users find them, that may be useful in the long run.

Post subject: Re: Corrupt bits of data
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:58 pm 

gigagiggles wrote:
Are there plans to tease out personal (owned) data so they can be edited?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

gigagiggles wrote:
Over time, bits of data can become corrupt, for whatever reason. In the past, I've seen you request the file so it can be repaired.

Data gets corrupted by bugs. When all the bugs will have been fixed, there'll be no more corruption. To my knowledge, I've now fixed all the bugs that could corrupt your data.

gigagiggles wrote:
As I'm clicking through, I may find one that crashes the program just by clicking on the owned video. I've worked around that by owning a different version of the video.

Please send me your coollection file and tell me which video makes the program crash.

My email: hector at coollector dot com

gigagiggles wrote:
But if there is a way to expunge a faulty owned video as the users find them, that may be useful in the long run.

It's important that you send me your coollection. I have to be aware that the program still has a bug that can create a corruption. I'll fix your coollection, and hopefully I'll be able to understand and fix the bug.