It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Status Filter
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:53 pm 

When browsing movies I usually use the presence of a price to tell whether or not movies are available in stores (I don't go to the cinema much anymore). It would be nice to be able to simply filter out those that aren't available. I tried setting the status filter to "Existing video is available in stores" but this only adjusted the grid to show a list of videos instead of the regular movie panel. This would be convenient at times but is not what I needed (or would expect) in this situation. :worried:

How then do I arrange the filters if i simply want to see the regular movie grid (e.g. 2012 movies ordered by IMDB popularity) with those movies that aren't yet for sale removed from the list. I think It would be convenient to rename "Existing video is available in stores" to some thing like "Videos that are available in stores" and add "Movies with available videos" to the status filters list.

Post subject: Re: Status Filter
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:16 pm 

kakashi wrote:
I usually use the presence of a price to tell whether or not movies are available in stores

Currently, our database of existing videos isn't complete enough to be a good indicator. It gets better week after week, but it's a work in progress.

kakashi wrote:
It would be nice to be able to simply filter out those that aren't available.

It could be done, but I have the feeling that hardly no one would use this filter. It would just make the interface more complex.

kakashi wrote:
I think It would be convenient to rename "Existing video is available in stores" to some thing like "Videos that are available in stores"

Sorry, I don't see what's wrong with "Existing video is available in stores" and why I'd have to change it.