It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Movie Images 02/02/2013
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:18 am 

images 7-8-9 attched

Attachments:
blank9.jpg
blank9.jpg [ 235.31 KiB | Viewed 5095 times ]
blank8.jpg
blank8.jpg [ 239.86 KiB | Viewed 5095 times ]
blank7.jpg
blank7.jpg [ 145.23 KiB | Viewed 5095 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:23 am 

for some reason image attachements order are 3-2-1, 6-5-4 and 9-8-7 (but i uploaded them in correct order)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:32 am 

Nevergreen wrote:
as conclusion i need to deleted my images and collect them all again correctly without doubling them.

Before you really delete the images, you could just move or rename the image folder.

Then what do you observe? Do the images load faster? Having both the small and the big image was it really the problem?

Do you need to delete all the images? Isn't it enough to delete only the big images?

Nevergreen wrote:
mean time (as i write) i got another idea, to check a movie that i don't own.

The program doesn't take into account if you own a movie or not. The big picture is downloaded when you zoom it by hovering the mouse over the picture.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:48 pm 

i followed your advise and renamed the image folders with _old extension forcing the apps to recreate it's image folder. Now it's working much better/faster. Probably my "slowing" problem was the existence of both images (big and small same time) and the program needed to decide which to load).

having both images wasn't really a problem, i have enough space, but it was more a curiosity, if you read my first post about them, you will see, that not started as a problem but as a question.

i can't delete just the small or the big images, that's means a lot of browsing and deleting operation which i don't need.

but now i can delete the images_old folder because they are recreated as supposed to be from the beginning.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:28 pm 

Nevergreen wrote:
i followed your advise and renamed the image folders with _old extension forcing the apps to recreate it's image folder. Now it's working much better/faster. Probably my "slowing" problem was the existence of both images (big and small same time) and the program needed to decide which to load).

Apparently, it was the problem, but I just checked my code and I don't understand how having both sizes could slow down the program. The program uses the small image if it finds it on the disk, otherwise it looks if there's the big image.

Nevergreen wrote:
i can't delete just the small or the big images, that's means a lot of browsing and deleting operation which i don't need.

It's easy to delete only the big images. You ask Windows explorer to search for *_b.jpg, and you delete just those files.

Nevergreen wrote:
but now i can delete the images_old folder because they are recreated as supposed to be from the beginning.

With my advice just above, you won't have to download again all the small images that you already have.

UPDATE: maybe the small files could not be deleted (and maybe they're slower to load) because they have the attribute "Read-only". You could right click on one of those files, select "properties" and see if "read-only" is checked. If that's the case, it's possible to remove this attribute recursively to all the files of an entire folder, I can explain you how if you need to.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7