It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: NewBie
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:45 pm 

Hello, Been using Coolector for about a week and absolutely love it ! But (of course) I have a few questions/issues -

1. How often is the database update (aside from Price changes) ?
2. When database is updated, are the changes automatically applied to the movies I have added as being an owner ? (I have been adding "missing" info as I have been loading my library).
3. Notice a lot of "recent" films missing basic info, like Image/Sound classification. Particularly Blu-Rays, but even noticed a 2005 release (Million Dollar Baby) was missing basic info
4. Request(s) - add date of movie release (not just DVD release date)
- Identify the role each actor plays in the movie (do love the link to all their films).

Apologies if I am being redundant......

Post subject: Re: NewBie
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:19 pm 

MrDip wrote:
Been using Coolector for about a week and absolutely love it !

:V:

MrDip wrote:
1. How often is the database update (aside from Price changes) ?

2 to 4 times per month. The next update will be in a few days.

http://www.coollector.com/history.html

MrDip wrote:
2. When database is updated, are the changes automatically applied to the movies I have added as being an owner ? (I have been adding "missing" info as I have been loading my library).
3. Notice a lot of "recent" films missing basic info, like Image/Sound classification. Particularly Blu-Rays, but even noticed a 2005 release (Million Dollar Baby) was missing basic info

If I understand right, the "missing" information that you've added was video technical details. Don't worry, the program won't touch it. Once added, only you can change it.

Please give me some barcodes of DVDs that are missing technical details, so I can see if there's a bug, but most likely I simply don't have that info.

MrDip wrote:
add date of movie release (not just DVD release date)

The program already displays the year that each movie was released. Do you mean the day and month? As it vastly depends on the country, I don't plan to add that info to our database, but you can click the IMDb icon and find that information there.

MrDip wrote:
Identify the role each actor plays in the movie

Yes, I plan to add the character names, but I'm afraid it won't happen until many months.