It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Genre assignments
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:40 am 

I was looking as some Genre categories assigned to movies in my collection. Found some of them to be really strange IMHO. Read that you use IMDb as your source. Checked several movies and they matched up.

But found one, Sands of Imo Jima, that is listed as "Romance" (along with other Genre) in Coolector, but only as Action, Drama, War on the IMDb site.

Do you periodically do a total reload from IMDb to pickup changes ? How do you normally handle these type of issues ? Thanks !

Post subject: Re: Genre assignments
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:23 am 

MrDip wrote:
Read that you use IMDb as your source.

Yes, for the genres and for the year, we've had to align ourselves to the IMDb, otherwise the users reported differences as mistakes. For all the other data, the IMDb is only one of the many sources that we use.

MrDip wrote:
Do you periodically do a total reload from IMDb to pickup changes ? How do you normally handle these type of issues ?

Yes, it's automatic: the pages are regularly reloaded, and the data checked for changes.

I've manually reloaded this movie => the wrong genre will be fixed as soon as the next version of Coollector is released.

Post subject: Re: Genre assignments
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:05 am 

MrDip wrote:
But found one, Sands of Imo Jima, that is listed as "Romance" (along with other Genre) in Coolector, but only as Action, Drama, War on the IMDb site.

I've just checked, and it's really listed as "Romance" on the IMDb site:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041841/combined

On the simplified IMDb page, only the first 3 genres are displayed, but on the more detailed page, the genre "romance" can be seen.