It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Alt+TAB
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:55 am 

I posting here instead of bug hunt section because it's probably not a bug.
I hate it when i'm not able to use the Alt+TAB to switch back and forth from and to collector.

after every search (CTRL+click), coollector will "freeze" in the background and Alt-TAB-ing will pop any other open window from my PC. Can you fix this "bug" to properly going back to previous window when Alt+TAB is used?

deeper explanation: searching from coollector, ctrl+click will open for me the IE (firefox, whatever) and Alt+TAB suppose to put me back on coollector, but this not happening, instead will bring me to front my outlook, or any other opened window.

Post subject: Re: Alt+TAB
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:07 am 

I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce this bug. On my computer, Coollector doesn't freeze, it just gets minimized. And ALT+TAB allows me to go back from my browser to Coollector.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:56 am 

Go and CTRL+click a movie, person or a character and this will open for you the google and yahoo search, now if you Alt+TAB to go back to coollector and have any other windows open, coollector will be the last one in the background and every other windows will have higher priority to come in front. I rather say i need to use my mouse every time to go back to coollector which is not to handy. I like Alt+TAB-ing.

i can't explain it better, sorry.

I use windows7 with portable coollector.
Coollector version doesn't matter because i had this "bug" with every previous version too, but start to really annoy me :)

later edit:
it's not freezing, it's minimize as you said, but alt+tab not bring it back to front

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:20 am 

Nevergreen wrote:
coollector will be the last one in the background and every other windows will have higher priority to come in front.

From time to time, I observe this too. Generally it's the first time, and the other times are ok. And it doesn't seem to happen, even the first time, when Coollector is the last opened program. It's a Windows weirdness, and I have no way to control it, sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:33 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
From time to time, I observe this too. Generally it's the first time, and the other times are ok.

first time only means every "first" time when you press CTRL+click, if you stay lets say at person search and just copy/pasting names, than yes, coollector will keep it's priority between windows, but otherwise will be always sent to be the last window in windows order.

i use it on 3 different systems (2 PC's and a laptop) and all has same behavior.

(cool) Hector wrote:
It's a Windows weirdness, and I have no way to control it, sorry.

:(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:53 am 

Nevergreen wrote:
i use it on 3 different systems (2 PC's and a laptop) and all has same behavior.

I use it on 2 PCs, and I see variations that I can't explain. It's acting weird, it's all that I can say :sorry:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:55 pm 

CTRl and Alt commands are generally are windows shortcuts and are working for any type of windows, are you sure that isn't any hidden "command" where pressing CTRL will give a different priority to coollector window not just minimizing it? And here i'm referring only to this apps, i don't think it's a windows problem, since i didn't found till now any other soft to behave like this.

it cannot be something which escape you?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:00 pm 

Nevergreen wrote:
are you sure that isn't any hidden "command" where pressing CTRL will give a different priority to coollector window not just minimizing it?

Yes, I'm sure. I ask the program to minimize, and that's what it does. Most of the time, the order in the queue is normal, and sometimes it's not. It seems to be a question of timing or something. At any rate, it's nothing that I can control.

If I knew what to do, I'd do it :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:22 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
Yes, I'm sure. I ask the program to minimize, and that's what it does. ..

it cannot be exactly this issue?

what i mean?

when we press ctrl+click: 2 things happens:
* coollector minimize itself which will gives him a background order any other window will get a front window order even if we don't see it at the front because:
* a new window (internet browser) will pop in front, this way coollector lose it's priority as to be the second window.

i'm not too clear? should i try to explain my thought a bit better?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:58 pm 

I know what I'll do: I'll stop minimizing the program when you CONTROL + click. I'll minimize the program only when you SHIFT + click (that is when you don't need to search websites because the pictures are already on your disk).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:12 am 

thank you, seems to work fine now