Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

Any plans for new icons?

Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:53 pm

I'd still love for their to be a couple more icons that I can add on to a movie (in the same way as 'ordered', 'wished' etc.), an 'A' and a 'B' or '1' and '2', to easily search or modify something effectively user-definable (movies I own the soundtrack for, or movies I'm thinking about watching next, or DVD's that are in the spare room, or whatever).

Currently I still have to use ratings buttons for that kind of thing, so I can't try out the new recommendations feature properly :-)

Thanks,

Re: Any plans for new icons?

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:19 pm

Instead of new icons, what I plan to add is tags. You'll define all the tags you can imagine ("soundtrack", "thinking about watching next", "spare room", etc...) and assign them to any movies you want. When a movie has tags, they'll appear before the genres, in a bright color. And of course, the filtered search will have a new filter: tags.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:25 pm

Sounds perfect - does it have a rough place on any 'roadmap' yet? :)

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:31 pm

Yes, it's not a feature that requires a lot of work, so it should be available in a couple of versions.

I think the next version will add 2 new filters "recently rated" and "recently owned".

Then the version after that should add the tags.

Of course, it's not 100% guaranteed, but it's my current plan.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:28 pm

Tomorrow I will release the version 4.0.3 which will introduce the new tags feature that I've promised.

Next to the movie genres and countries, you'll notice a green "No Tag" that you can click to edit the tags. The persons can be tagged too. Of course, a tag filter has been added to the filtered searches. In fact, I've added 2 filters, with a "tag2" filter. You'll notice that I've had to improve the person filtered search, to allow selecting which filters are displayed (just like the movie filtered search already allows).

I've tested everything the best I could, but I'm still afraid that a bug might have escaped my scrutiny. I'd really appreciate if you could test this new version too, and maybe we'll avoid releasing a buggy version. For that, you just have to replace your current Coollector.exe with this one:

http://www.coollector.com/Coollector.exe

Thank you very much!

Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:10 pm

The version 4.0.3 is now available :V:

Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:53 pm

already using it, before I saw your post :-), looks good...

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:07 pm

Orclev wrote:already using it, before I saw your post :-), looks good...

Make sure that you use the version 4.0.3. The version that I've made available yesterday had a couple of bugs.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:23 am

seen
Post a reply