It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Sorting movies with "The"
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:50 pm 

Hello and let me just say I really love this program. :hi:

I will tell all my friends to use it so we can exchange our movielists, but is it (I haven't found it) or will it be a way to place a list of our owned movies on a webpage? I know I can print a list and display the .txt-file, but it would have been cool if I made a link with "John's Movies" and up popped a page with John's movies with links to the movies on IMDB. I could see you are planning expanding the print feature so it may appear in the future. :yes:

And the sorting of the movies are a bit strange as I now have many movies in the "T"-category. I.e. THE Lord of the Rings and THE Hearbreak Kid. Is this the way it should normally be sorted? I know they use the THE on IMDB but people tend to use just HEArtbreak kid and not the THE when reffering to movies. I can see you are getting around this in the search-field, but now I must rearrange a lot of movies to match the print out of the list.

Anyways keep up the good work.

Post subject: Re: Sorting movies with "The"
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:08 pm 

Hi BrutusMacGregor, welcome on the forum !

BrutusMacGregor wrote:
Hello and let me just say I really love this program. :hi:

I will tell all my friends to use it so we can exchange our movielists

This is great, thank you very much !

BrutusMacGregor wrote:
is it (I haven't found it) or will it be a way to place a list of our owned movies on a webpage? I know I can print a list and display the .txt-file, but it would have been cool if I made a link with "John's Movies" and up popped a page with John's movies with links to the movies on IMDB. I could see you are planning expanding the print feature so it may appear in the future. :yes:

This fall, we'll host your coollection, so your friends will be able to see it online. It will be a free service. And we'll collect anonymous statistics, that we'll add to our movies database. That means you'll see how many people have rated a movie excellent, or just good, etc...

BrutusMacGregor wrote:
And the sorting of the movies are a bit strange as I now have many movies in the "T"-category. I.e. THE Lord of the Rings and THE Hearbreak Kid. Is this the way it should normally be sorted? I know they use the THE on IMDB but people tend to use just HEArtbreak kid and not the THE when reffering to movies. I can see you are getting around this in the search-field, but now I must rearrange a lot of movies to match the print out of the list.

Well... I guess it's a matter of taste... Personally I don't like "Lord of the Rings, The". Feels unnatural... Hope it's not too much of a problem :worried:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:52 pm 

It's not a big problem, but I have ignored the THE until now, so maybe I have to re-sort them.

And even though you don't use many seconds to register a movie, I'm really looking forwad to the day barcode-reading will be included. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:06 pm 

BrutusMacGregor wrote:
It's not a big problem, but I have ignored the THE until now, so maybe I have to re-sort them.

I'm not sure I understand... You mean your videos are ordered alphabetically in your physical library ?

BrutusMacGregor wrote:
And even though you don't use many seconds to register a movie, I'm really looking forwad to the day barcode-reading will be included. :)

Me too, but that won't be until several months.

P.S: are you aware of our keyboard shortcuts ? They can save you some precious time and clicks.

http://www.coollector.com/tut_shortcuts.html

Especially those:
"+" key
"Control" with "+" keys
"return" key (to press a dialog button)

For instance, with "+", "enter", "enter", you will input a video in less than a second.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:27 pm 

Yes, I'm reffering to my physical library, also known as bookshelf. :lol:

I'm also aware of the shortcuts, but with 900+ dvds it's always boring to start from scratch.

And is it possible to make the "+" and "Enter" on the numeric pad usable? Using the ones on the far right are even more timesaving, since we can just wave our arms blindly and still hit. I guess I can shave a couple of seconds off every 100 dvd I register. :D

And back to the sorting "problem"; I just registered the 3-pack of Indiana Jones now, and it registered the 3 movies in one go. Great. But not so great is it that the title of the Raiders of the Lost Ark does not have the "Indiana Jones" in it. Thus it will not be sorted with the orders, but in my shelf I will sort them next to each other. And by year, not by the alfabetical order. But I guess there is no way around this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:59 pm 

BrutusMacGregor wrote:
And is it possible to make the "+" and "Enter" on the numeric pad usable?

I thought it worked :sorry:
Thanks for signaling this problem. Hopefully it will be fixed with the next version.

BrutusMacGregor wrote:
the title of the Raiders of the Lost Ark does not have the "Indiana Jones" in it. Thus it will not be sorted with the orders, but in my shelf I will sort them next to each other.

Well, the official title is "Raiders of the Lost Ark". But you're not the first one to mention this, so it's ok, we'll change it to "Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:03 pm 

BrutusMacGregor wrote:
is it possible to make the "+" and "Enter" on the numeric pad usable?

It's fixed with Coollector 2.16, thank you very much for reporting this bug !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:10 pm 

The "the" problem has been fixed. I sort my DVDs in alpha order on my shelves and now it matches Coollector.

Thanks again for the fix.

Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:19 am 

Tybee Bill wrote:
Thanks again for the fix.

You're welcome. Me too, I like it better now. Thank you to everyone who pushed the idea.

Post subject: Sharing with friends...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:22 am 

Firstly, I love your program, How can I share with friends online?

Thanks, and keep up the great work.

Den

Post subject: Re: Sharing with friends...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:56 am 

denmohr wrote:
Firstly, I love your program

Thank you very much !

denmohr wrote:
How can I share with friends online?

Do you mean showing your friends what videos you own, what movies you've seen, how you liked them, etc...?

For the moment, we have nothing online, but the coollection file (the file that contains all your data) is very small and easy to send to your friends. To learn more about that, click the "help" button, then "useful tips", then move on to the 7th tip.

Hope this helps.