It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Quick Question
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:45 am 

I just downloaded and install Coollector.. Its amazing. Great job. My question is however is there a way when you add a dvd to your personal collection that you can select the image it uses for a thumbnail? I have noticed a few have grabbed the wrong cover image but when you look at all of the versions it has the correct one.

Post subject: Re: Quick Question
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:03 am 

zezer wrote:
I just downloaded and install Coollector.. Its amazing. Great job.

Thank you very much :excited:

zezer wrote:
My question is however is there a way when you add a dvd to your personal collection that you can select the image it uses for a thumbnail?

It's not possible for the moment, but it will be in a few months.

zezer wrote:
I have noticed a few have grabbed the wrong cover image but when you look at all of the versions it has the correct one.

It's not really that they grabbed the wrong cover... The encyclopedia uses an image to illustrate a movie. It's the same image for everyone. It's preferably the theatrical poster of the movie, but in many cases we only found a video cover (you're welcome to contribute the theatrical poster if you have it). When there are several video covers available, Coollector automatically picks the biggest one to illustrate the movie.

What will happen in a few month, is that Coollector will still have the same picture for everyone to illustrate a movie, but there'll be a cover image associated with your video (it's not the case right now), and it's this cover image that will be shown when you'll display your personal collection (in the filtered search).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:12 am 

And if you prefer it this way, we could easily add a setting to use your video cover even to illustrate the movie itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:10 pm 

Well I switched to this from all my movies and i was just used to being able to select what image is used.. I like using the image of my exact dvd cover. Also how far is the launch local video file going?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:55 pm 

zezer wrote:
Well I switched to this from all my movies and i was just used to being able to select what image is used.. I like using the image of my exact dvd cover.

I think it will be ok later. For the moment, you can still contribute pictures if you have better ones.

zezer wrote:
Also how far is the launch local video file going?

My plans may change, but it should go roughly like this:

v2.17 => scan your hard drive for video files, with ability to launch them from Coollector.
v2.18 => import from a list file.
v2.19 => import from an XML file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:07 pm 

Great, I would love to use this on my htpc to launch movies. Also i have some web and programming bacground as well if you need any help with anything let me know.. I will submit images as i find them.

Thanks Again for a great app...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:17 pm 

Also i just noticed Robin Hood Men in Tights is bringing up gumby the movie for its image. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:37 pm 

zezer wrote:
Also i just noticed Robin Hood Men in Tights is bringing up gumby the movie for its image. :)

Fixed, thanks !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:38 pm 

zezer wrote:
Great, I would love to use this on my htpc to launch movies.

Please explain me what you need...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:51 pm 

I currently use software to launch my movies on my htpc this is setup on my HD bigscreen tv. So i can use this to launch them instead, that would be great. It would be cool if i could have a section that would only show what i had on my hard drive then i could cycle through them with the arro keys.. and when i hit enter it would launch them full screen. not sre if everyone else would like this as well. Its a great app so i will use it as is :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:55 pm 

also i have a movie that i can't find on IMDB to put in your forum for the bot to crawl. its a 2 movie on one disk thing it has cybernator and hyperspace on it.. ya .. not the greatest movies but it was a buck lol.

Thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:03 pm 

zezer wrote:
I currently use software to launch my movies on my htpc this is setup on my HD bigscreen tv.

Do you use a remote ? Or could it work with Coollector's interface.

zezer wrote:
It would be cool if i could have a section that would only show what i had on my hard drive then i could cycle through them with the arro keys..

The filtered search will be extended with many more filters. Having the video on disk will be one of those new filters ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:08 pm 

yes i use a remote its a firefly the good thing about it is that i can make a config file for each app and make each button do different things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:11 pm 

zezer wrote:
also i have a movie that i can't find on IMDB to put in your forum for the bot to crawl.

IMDb is considered as exhaustive. If they don't have a movie, you'll have to convince them to add it (they accept contributions).

zezer wrote:
its a 2 movie on one disk thing it has cybernator and hyperspace on it.. ya .. not the greatest movies but it was a buck lol.

With Coollector, you can create you own packs. It's not completely obvious, and I'll add a "useful tips" to explain how:

1) add the first movie, and choose a pack name, for instance "my pack of masterpiece movies".

2) add the second movie, and say that it is part of "my pack of masterpiece movies".

That's it ! You have a 2-movies pack !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:13 pm 

zezer wrote:
yes i use a remote its a firefly the good thing about it is that i can make a config file for each app and make each button do different things.

Wonderful ! I think Coollector has enough keyboard shortcuts to make it completely usable. If it's not the case, just tell me.

Do you have also a way to input letters ?