Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

Import from DVD Hunter

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:37 am

I saw a thread about Importing from a competing DVD cataloguing app (DVD Cache) was supported.

I have been using DVD Hunter for a few years but it is no longer supported. Is it possible to import my DVD catalog from DVD Hunter into Coollector?

Re: Import from DVD Hunter

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:41 am

History > March 20, 2014 > version 4.1.3
[NEW] Import from DVD Hunter

I assume there's some instructions on how to do this?

BTW, I have not purchased this yet. I'm still researching.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:52 am

Member121CA wrote:I assume there's some instructions on how to do this?

You click the menu "Tools->Import a list->Import from DVD Hunter XML file".

Another user has made me realize that in the case of DVD Hunter there are a few subtleties to know, that's why the next version of Coollector will display this message:

"When you use DVD Hunter to produce the XML file, if the menu "Export" doesn't list "XML Exporter", you'll have to install it by clicking "Get Other Plug-Ins". Also please note that you'll have to select all your movies because DVD Hunter exports only the currently selected movies."

Please tell me if you need more help.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:22 pm

"When you use DVD Hunter to produce the XML file, if the menu "Export" doesn't list "XML Exporter", you'll have to install it by clicking "Get Other Plug-Ins". Also please note that you'll have to select all your movies because DVD Hunter exports only the currently selected movies."

I did this in DVD Hunter and have several folders saved. None of these folders contains a XLM file. Here’s a list of what I have…
Cover (folder full of .jpg files)
CSS (folder with two .css files)
index.html file
Items (folder full of .html files)
Javascript (folder with two .js files)

Coollector > Tools > Import a List > Import from DVD Hunter shows me a window but all of the files are greyed out and unselectable.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:33 pm

Member121CA wrote:I did this in DVD Hunter and have several folders saved. None of these folders contains a XLM file.

Then you didn't make the right thing...

You have to run DVD Hunter, and select the menu "Files->Export->Get Other Plug-Ins".

There you'll install the plugin "XML Exporter".

Now you'll have access to the menu "Files->Export->XML Exporter".

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:35 pm

My bad.

I confused html with xml.

My version of DVD Hunter (1.1.17) did not have xml exporter installed and was not available from “Get Other Plug-Ins”.

I downloaded and installed version 1.2 from the DVD Hunter web site.

And, there it is, XML Exporter was available for installation. Took one second. Click File > Export > XML Exporter > Save as > Restart Mac into Mavericks OSX > Open Coollectors > Tools > Import a List > Import from DVD Hunter XML > navigate to .xml file I saved earlier > Click “Open” > Let Coollectors do its thing > only 4 titles unrecognized > make a note of these titles > Import Recognized Titles (863 in total)

4 titles unrecognized
Guge
Tabacco Roody
The Layout
The Yogis of Tibet
I’ll look these up and see if I can contribute something.

Thanks for help

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:05 pm

Member121CA wrote:Import Recognized Titles (863 in total)

:V:

Member121CA wrote:4 titles unrecognized
Guge
Tabacco Roody
The Layout
The Yogis of Tibet

Here's the place where you can request movies to be added. You just have to provide the IMDb Id:

http://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116

Welcome on board!

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:39 pm

:hi: Welcome :D

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:31 pm

DVD Hunter (Macintosh) no longer supports Export as XML on my Macintosh (is it no longer listed in the plugins)
Here's what I did:

Start DVD Hunter
Select ALL of your titles
Go to File/Export: Hunter Package Exporter (to your desktop)
You will get a file called: Library.dhpack
Right (control) click on that file and select: Show Package Contents
You will find a file called: package.xml. (move that file to your desktop or another folder)
In Coollector go to: Tools...import a list.... DVD Hunter xml
Select the "package.xml" file to import

Hope that helps someone.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:51 pm

Thank you!
Post a reply