Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

Directory restructuring / file renaming.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:15 pm

At the moment I have tv shows and movies all jumbled together in the same directory; is there any ready way to move all the tv shows to their own top-level directory? As far as I can tell you can't use the batch editing functions to just apply to a list (e.g. series vs. movies), so even if I moved them all by hand (which would take a long time :)) it would just break all the associations (which I guess I could then search for missing associations, then re-add them all again, but seems quite long-winded).

On a related note, have you thought about including a file renamer? depending on how it worked that would also serve as a file mover (changing directory name), but mostly to change the names of things to a particular convention so everything is the same.

(as you can see what I'd really like is to be able to take the current filtered list of series, move them all to a new directory, and rename them in some formal-ish fashion, without having to do most of it by hand :-))

Thanks,

Re: Directory restructuring / file renaming.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:46 pm

Orclev wrote:I guess I could then search for missing associations, then re-add them all again, but seems quite long-winded).

That's what I would have suggested. I don't think it'll take very long.

Orclev wrote:have you thought about including a file renamer?

Nope, I don't think it's a job for Coollector. There are many file renamers out there. After having renamed the files, you can scan them again. Or if the renaming/moving was simple enough, you can use the menu "Batch Edit".
Post a reply