Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

printing a copy of your owned movies

Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 pm

How do you print a copy of your owned movies?

Re: printing a copy of your owned movies

Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:56 pm

Well, you start by listing your owned movies (the fastest is to click the button "owned").

Then you click the button "Export this list".

You'll get a .txt file that you'll be able to print.

Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:04 am

I'd like the ability to print lists of movies I own by actor. That is, I'd use Coollector to see what movies I own in which a certain actor appears, then be able to print a list of just those movies the actor appears in. The same for directors. I have a use in mind. Currently I do something very similar using aliases (similar to symlinks), but they take up megabytes each, whereas text files would be only kilobytes.

Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:30 am

Drift wrote:I'd use Coollector to see what movies I own in which a certain actor appears

This is easy, you just go to the actor then tick the "owned" checkbox.

Drift wrote:then be able to print a list of just those movies the actor appears in.

Unfortunately it's not possible to print the list, and I'm sorry to say that I don't plan to make it possible in the future. Why not? Because I won't make the interface of the program more complex by adding a feature that's only useful to a handful of users (I say "a handful" but I wouldn't be surprised if you were the "only one").

Drift wrote:Currently I do something very similar using aliases (similar to symlinks), but they take up megabytes each, whereas text files would be only kilobytes.

I don't understand why do you do that. Please explain...

Why use txt files when Coollector gives you the result in 2 clicks?
Post a reply