It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Owned Movie Search Function Suggestions
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:33 pm 

Hi All,

I have used Coolector once before back in 2009 or 2010, and a few months ago, I had the crazy idea to catalog mum's movies, VHS and DVD, and put them into alphabetical order. Coolector has been a name I remembered for a while, and I googled, and found the program I loved. I bought a license and went to work. So far, 220 movies owned and listed. A mountain of DVD's left and the VHS Tower has a lean to it. I love the power of Coolector but think if the search functions in the Owned movie collection could be refined a bit if possible. Alphabetical order by VHS, then Alphabetical order by Region 4 & Region 0 DVD's would be great, with the alphabetical ordering of the DVD's not mattering if it is Region 4 or Region 0. Unsure if there is a way to do so already, but if there isn't, it would be a major help to at least one person :) :)

Coolector is a program I'm recommending to others as it is one with so much potential, I am honestly surprised it is a lot less costly than others like it :D

Post subject: Re: Owned Movie Search Function Suggestions
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:27 pm 

Thank you very much for all your kind words :w00t:

McSquiddy wrote:
Alphabetical order by VHS, then Alphabetical order by Region 4 & Region 0 DVD's would be great, with the alphabetical ordering of the DVD's not mattering if it is Region 4 or Region 0.

When you use the "owned" filter to list the movies that you own, at the bottom left of the list you'll find the control that selects the list order. Set it to "title" to order the list by alphabetical order.

If you want to list only your owned VHS, you'll use the "media type" filter in combination with the "owned" filter. In case a filter is hidden, you click the button "Add/Remove Filters".