It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Folders containing VOB files
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:35 pm 

All my movies (1000s) are backed up using Slysoft and played on VLC with the data being on several drives / servers. I can scan the drives in Coollector, but I end up with thousands of VOB files not associated with the Title Folder. The alternative: create a txt file with the folder names and use that. Problem: none of the Owned movies end up being associated with the proper folder containing the VOB files. I have to manually add a location for each movie - ugh!

Part II. Coollector often doesn't make the right association with the movie name: i.e., "Something about Mary" was associated with "Something about Mary Magdalene." Let me guess, I have to go through every movie and check to see each one's properly associated before I accept the index. Shouldn't there be a simple way to edit this after the fact?

I'm sure both problems have been addressed over the past eight years, but I couldn't find an answers.

Thanks for the help.

Post subject: Re: Folders containing VOB files
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:55 pm 

faultfinder wrote:
I can scan the drives in Coollector, but I end up with thousands of VOB files not associated with the Title Folder.

I wasn't aware of this problem, thank you very much for reporting it. Tomorrow I'll make you an improved version so you can test it and tell me if it works fine.

faultfinder wrote:
Coollector often doesn't make the right association with the movie name: i.e., "Something about Mary" was associated with "Something about Mary Magdalene."

It's important to understand that Coollector focuses on the start of the file name to identify the longest matching string. The movie with Cameron Diaz is called "There's Something About Mary", making "Something about Mary Magdalene" a better match.

faultfinder wrote:
Let me guess, I have to go through every movie and check to see each one's properly associated before I accept the index.

Yes, it's better to check the scan results before clicking the add button. This way you can fix the file name typos that cause bad associations. If it's not a typo, adding the year to the end of the name can help. If you find a case where you think the algorithm could be improved, you're welcome to report on this forum.

faultfinder wrote:
Shouldn't there be a simple way to edit this after the fact?

It's better to edit before the fact. Once you've added, you'll have to remove the video, then either scan it again or associate it manually (with the "play" icon).

Post subject: Re: Folders containing VOB files
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:00 pm 

faultfinder wrote:
All my movies (1000s) are backed up using Slysoft

I don't have Slysoft. Because I'm not sure of the structure of your data, I've had to make some asumptions. Hopefully I was right....

Please replace your current Coollector.exe with this one:

http://www.coollector.com/Coollector.exe

and tell me if it works as intended.