Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

a new random button

Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:35 pm

Calibre for ebooks and kiwix for wikipedia both have a random button. I would like to see such a button in coollector. What is the general opinion on the idea?

Re: a new random button

Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:19 pm

Coollector is especially designed to help you decide what to watch. Why you want to go back to randomness is beyond my understanding :doh:

Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:50 pm

(cool) Hector wrote:Coollector is especially designed to help you decide what to watch. Why you want to go back to randomness is beyond my understanding :doh:

You have a drop down menu at the bottom of one of the panels in collector which says "ordered by". There you have "imdb rating", "year" etc etc. If you add "random selection" , you could add the functionality i want. Then i can open my owned or not owned files and simply select random selection. I could then browse for movies much more easily and discover some films I might otherwise have missed.

Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:08 pm

If you can't decide what movie to watch, you don't need a random button or any other interface change for that. You can just scroll the list randomly until your eyes stumble upon a movie that you're in the mood to watch.
Post a reply