It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Kodi - Xbmc
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:49 am 

Hi..

Kodi is able to add external drives but does not show the drive structure,
drivename or folderstructure. i was wondering if its possible to create an
Coollector repository and install coollector on Kodi. This way it would be
possible to use the database and start my movies from within Kodi/coollector.

Grtz

Post subject: Re: Kodi - Xbmc
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:50 pm 

For a while, I had considered making Coollector work with Kodi. But now my plan is rather to add to Coollector a mode that provides a similar comfort, with a 10-foot user interface and control with a remote. When I'll have finished creating the Android and iOS versions, it'll be possible to have Coollector on an Android box or an Apple TV. And finally, I plan to transform the current online publishing feature into a realtime synchronisation system.

All this is very ambitious. Of course, it won't happen overnight...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:55 pm 

Hi Hector, can't wait for it...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:41 pm 

Being able to run a fully functional Coolector on a TV box with an external hard drive attached, connected to a TV via HDMI, and controlled with a remote control would be amazing. There are so many of these media player boxes for sale now that allow you to play your movie collection, but the navigation is so basic with just folders and no pictures or additional info. Coolector is the missing link.

These box manufacturers should be lining up to pay you for the privilege of licensing your software to make the interface on their hardware work better. Just my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:09 pm 

cliffratt wrote:
Being able to run a fully functional Coolector on a TV box with an external hard drive attached, connected to a TV via HDMI, and controlled with a remote control would be amazing.

Thank you very much. I'm very excited too!

cliffratt wrote:
There are so many of these media player boxes for sale now that allow you to play your movie collection

And some of them are also able to record TV... Since I plan to add TV listings functionality to Coollector, it would be great if there was a way for Coollector to personalize/replace the EPG of those boxes.

cliffratt wrote:
These box manufacturers should be lining up to pay you for the privilege of licensing your software to make the interface on their hardware work better. Just my opinion.

I'm not sure that it would be like you said. Could be great if it did.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:18 pm 

cliffratt wrote:
There are so many of these media player boxes for sale now that allow you to play your movie collection, but the navigation is so basic with just folders and no pictures or additional info.

I think that most of those boxes already include Kodi, and I suppose (haven't tested it in a box) that it does a great job at displaying movie posters and additional info.

Nonetheless Coollector could become a good alternative to Kodi (thanks to its recommendations, movie discovery, full cast, Netflix listings, etc...).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:45 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
cliffratt wrote:
There are so many of these media player boxes for sale now that allow you to play your movie collection, but the navigation is so basic with just folders and no pictures or additional info.

I think that most of those boxes already include Kodi, and I suppose (haven't tested it in a box) that it does a great job at displaying movie posters and additional info.

Nonetheless Coollector could become a good alternative to Kodi (thanks to its recommendations, movie discovery, full cast, Netflix listings, etc...).

Kodi is used on these boxes I think mostly for streaming online content and playing it. When used to access local content however (i.e. video files on an attached hard drive), as far as I can tell it is unable to detect video files by their titles in order to display posters and info the way Coolector does, so being able to use a hypothetical Coolector app for the purpose of browsing one's own collection would be superior to doing so using Kodi alone. Kodi, as a media player could be used to play the movies themselves, so if you could find a way to link the two that would be potentially quite awesome I think, where one would browse using Coolector, then play a linked video using Kodi (or any other decent media player app/program supported by the box).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:13 pm 

cliffratt wrote:
Kodi is used on these boxes I think mostly for streaming online content and playing it. When used to access local content however (i.e. video files on an attached hard drive), as far as I can tell it is unable to detect video files by their titles in order to display posters and info the way Coolector does

I'm not sure you're right. The desktop version can do it, and I assumed that the Android version could do it too.

cliffratt wrote:
Kodi, as a media player could be used to play the movies themselves, so if you could find a way to link the two that would be potentially quite awesome I think

I think that Coollector on Android would work like Coollector on desktop, i.e. ask the system to play the file with your default media player (for example VLC)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:23 pm 

Hi,

the most important feature of coollector on android, in my opinion should be
that when i push the play button in coollector, kodi accepts the location stored
in coollector... NAS, Harddisk on Network, or directly attached to MM-player etc. !!

Attachments:
location.jpg
location.jpg [ 71.2 KiB | Viewed 8043 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:59 am 

Skinamp wrote:
the most important feature of coollector on android, in my opinion should be
that when i push the play button in coollector, kodi accepts the location stored
in coollector... NAS, Harddisk on Network, or directly attached to MM-player etc. !!

Yes, it should be like with the desktop version. If Kodi is your default player, then it'll play with kodi.