Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

Importing movies

Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:13 am

Do you have the fields that you need to import an imdb.com csv file? The IMDB site exports these fields:

position const created modified description Title Title type Directors You rated IMDb Rating

Runtime (mins) Year Genres Num. Votes Release Date (month/day/year) URL

If I wanted to create an import file that matches this format I could but there are fields here that I don't have. Do you use all of these are is the const field, which is the IMDB tt number, sufficient?

Re: Importing movies

Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:55 pm

Have you tried the menu "Import a list->Import from IMDb CSV file"?

The last time I've checked, it was working fine. Please tell me if there's any problem.

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:27 am

Sorry, I have the format but it has many fields. They were contained in my post. The question is if I am trying to make a file to import using that feature of the software, must I populate all of the fields for it to work or can I just use the key field like the tt number?

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:59 am

wm555 wrote:The question is if I am trying to make a file to import using that feature of the software, must I populate all of the fields for it to work or can I just use the key field like the tt number?

You don't have to create the CSV file. The IMDb creates it for you, and Coollector knows how to use it.

For example, here's the page of a user that I took at random:

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur20552756/ratings

At the button of the page, there's a link "Export this list". Apparently the IMDb now requires you to be logged in with your IMDb account, otherwise the link isn't shown.
Post a reply