It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Possible Features
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:16 pm 

Good Evening,

Firstly thanks for the latest update .. always like to get the new one and clean up my un-cataloged :)

Possible future enhancements ...thoughts while using of late...

1) Often I will search under a Person and then look for the material they have been in (Movies/Series) etc, one thing that does get me here is that often you will find entries for the more popular actors people as 'STARRING' in something when it's actually a clip from something else or as IMDB would put it HIMSELF/HERSELF ARCHIVE FOOTAGE

Not a biggie but would be nice to not see these somehow in the PERSON display unless flagged.

2) In a similar vain (possible solution to above) to the above, is there a way to apply more filters (tick boxes) to the PERSON display, in may case i often want to flip on an off MOVIES/SERIES at this level.

Thanks for your time

Beldeamon

Post subject: Re: Possible Features
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:51 am 

beldeamon wrote:
often you will find entries for the more popular actors people as 'STARRING' in something when it's actually a clip from something else or as IMDB would put it HIMSELF/HERSELF ARCHIVE FOOTAGE

It's something extremely rare. I think it's overkill to change the interface for something so uncommon.

Something much more common is actors invited to news shows or ceremony shows, and in the end those shows appear in their filmography. What I do in that case is I trim the cast of the show to keep only the hosts. If you notice a show like that which I forgot to trim, please tell me.

beldeamon wrote:
is there a way to apply more filters (tick boxes) to the PERSON display, in may case i often want to flip on an off MOVIES/SERIES at this level.

The series have a big "series" written in red. In my opinion, that catches the eye quite enough, no need to add a filter that would make the interface cumbersome.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:01 pm 

Thanks for the your thoughts and reply

I've changed my layout now on Person to 4 columns and not as much of an issue as it appeared to me before (1 column). This suffices for my needs but thought an extra tick box or two, on top of the 3 already would add functionality and still not cramp that screen

For the HIMSELF/HERSELF point, my thinking was based on someone like Marilyn Monroe who has something like 15+ films examples post 2k and along with other movie icons and historical figures (Adolph Hitler starring in 236) I suppose this will always be the case.
I do though appreciate you are thinking far wider with 700+ films added each month !!

Thanks again and @LOCK on this one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:31 pm 

beldeamon wrote:
I've changed my layout now on Person to 4 columns and not as much of an issue as it appeared to me before (1 column).

Cool!

beldeamon wrote:
This suffices for my needs but thought an extra tick box or two, on top of the 3 already

There's already a lot of tick boxes, which hardly fit when the window size is reduced...

beldeamon wrote:
For the HIMSELF/HERSELF point, my thinking was based on someone like Marilyn Monroe who has something like 15+ films examples post 2k

I had well understood. But it's only a handful of persons. It's really not worth adapting the interface + maintaining information about the fact that it's an archive footage.