Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

Suggestion for person filter

Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:50 pm

Hi, Hector. What do you think about idea to add here "Today's birthdays" filter? So when we chose it, program will list all the persons with birthday on this date.

Re: Suggestion for person filter

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:15 pm

On my todo list (among a ton of other features), I plan to add an alert when a person that you've rated has just passed away.

Instead of the death day, your suggestion is about the birth day... Well, personally, I could not care less about birthdays, i don't even care about mine. What you suggest is a list of all the persons whose birthday is today, which would include a vast majority of persons that you've never heard of and don't care about. In my opinion, the list should be restricted to only the persons that you've rated.

You'll have understood that personally I have zero interest in such a feature. What about you? Do you consider it an important feature? Do you really care this much about the birthday of your favorite stars?

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:40 pm

I don't think it's something very important, just nice feature if someone want to check out what actors, directors etc,,, are celebrating birthday.
But your idea about alerting deaths and birthdays only for rated persons is also fine.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:29 pm

(cool) Hector wrote:What you suggest is a list of all the persons whose birthday is today, which would include a vast majority of persons that you've never heard of and don't care about. In my opinion, the list should be restricted to only the persons that you've rated.

Well instead of listing "persons that you've rated" , what if it list out all the persons present in the movies we have rated? because some users might miss to rate all their individual persons. :) :) :)

Well this feature is not that much important but it might make the app more amazing I believe. There is no hurry to do it but if you figure it out how to do then we will really love to see new feature in the software. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Abubakar Siddique wrote:Well instead of listing "persons that you've rated" , what if it list out all the persons present in the movies we have rated?

Seriously? You care about their birthday just because they were in a movie that you've seen?

Daily there'll be hundreds of birthdays, making this list completely useless!

Personally I only celebrate the anniversary of my close friends and family. Even my favorite actor I don't care about his birthday...
Post a reply