Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

Image Contribution Option

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:30 pm

When I try to contribute image. (Ctrl + LClick), It opens up 3 tabs in my browser.

I never use the first two sites, I use only the popped up Google Image Search tab.

So is it possible to omit the other two links or at least a setting to choose which tabs to open while contributing?

Re: Image Contribution Option

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:42 pm

Of course it would be a good thing to do that, but it's not a priority, sorry.

As you know, I already have got quite a lot on my plate :roll:

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:50 pm

(cool) Hector wrote:Of course it would be a good thing to do that, but it's not a priority, sorry.

As you know, I already have got quite a lot on my plate :roll:

Yes Sir. I know the pain of a developer.

Well I am deciding to make an Android app which will show up the Coollector Forum. :)

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:08 pm

Abubakar Siddique wrote:Well I am deciding to make an Android app which will show up the Coollector Forum. :)

I'm not sure that I understand... There's already a mobile version of the forum, you just have to click "Switch to mobile style" at the bottom of this page.

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:11 pm

(cool) Hector wrote:
Abubakar Siddique wrote:Well I am deciding to make an Android app which will show up the Coollector Forum. :)

I'm not sure that I understand... There's already a mobile version of the forum, you just have to click "Switch to mobile style" at the bottom of this page.

The App will be a stand alone app, it wont need any other browser. I wish to develop this app so that people see the app name in Play Store and would download the desktop software.

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:18 pm

Abubakar Siddique wrote:The App will be a stand alone app, it wont need any other browser. I wish to develop this app so that people see the app name in Play Store and would download the desktop software.

I really appreciate your good will, but I doubt that Google would allow an app that wraps a website. I think it's forbidden by the Play Store rules.

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:21 pm

(cool) Hector wrote:
Abubakar Siddique wrote:The App will be a stand alone app, it wont need any other browser. I wish to develop this app so that people see the app name in Play Store and would download the desktop software.

I really appreciate your good will, but I doubt that Google would allow an app that wraps a website. I think it's forbidden by the Play Store rules.

Oh is that so? I have to check it.
Can you help me to the article link if possible?

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:28 pm

I'm think it's the case. There has been too many abuse. Apps must bring some value, not just be a thin wrapper to a website.

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:30 pm

(cool) Hector wrote:I'm think it's the case. There has been too many abuse. Apps must bring some value, not just be a thin wrapper to a website.

Lets see what i can do with it. Soon I will start on the project.

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:42 pm

Abubakar Siddique wrote:Lets see what i can do with it. Soon I will start on the project.

As I said, I appreciate your good will, but I'm not sure that I want you to do that. Android doesn't need an app for the Coollector forum. Nobody would download such an app and for Coollector as a brand it would be an embarrassment more than anything, sorry for being blunt.

I understand that you're an Android student who wants to learn by working on some projects, but you should think of a better idea.

Have you already created some Android apps? Can you tell which ones?

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:51 pm

(cool) Hector wrote:for Coollector as a brand it would be an embarrassment more than anything

I plan to release several mobile apps, and when people will search for "coollector" your app would add confusion.

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:56 pm

Have you already created some Android apps? Can you tell which ones?

Well till now I only created apps for my friends. (like birthday presents)

And yes I developed one app. It was also a movie database. I made it for my Bachelor's final year project.

Unfortunately that app wont work anymore because I used OMDbAPI's API. They were public when I developed that app. But now they made their service only for the subscribers.

This was my app. And the Inspiration behind it was your Coollector :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
https://sites.google.com/site/pocketmoviedatabase

Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:13 pm

Abubakar Siddique wrote:This was my app.

That's a good start, congratulations!

Abubakar Siddique wrote:Unfortunately that app wont work anymore because I used OMDbAPI's API.

Why you don't switch to themoviedb API? It's the API everybody uses: kodi, etc...

Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:16 pm

(cool) Hector wrote:
Abubakar Siddique wrote:This was my app.

That's a good start, congratulations!

Abubakar Siddique wrote:Unfortunately that app wont work anymore because I used OMDbAPI's API.

Why you don't switch to themoviedb API? It's the API everybody uses: kodi, etc...

I thought about that but with my busy schedule I am hardly free for developing something but still I will see in future. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Post a reply