Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

Som Off topic questions about Coollector, if I may.

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:50 am

1) What programming language is it written in?

2) How long have you worked on it so far?

3) Percentage wise, how close would you say it is to what you envision for the program?

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:56 am

1/ It's C++. It uses wxWidgets for the framework, and Metakit for the database.

2/ Several years... Coollector itself is only half of what I had to program... There's yet another program, to manage the movies data: filter series from movies, harmonize movies, break packs, etc... Stef, my cousin, is in charge of data managing. He's not a programmer, but he helps a lot. Kudos, partner! :mysir:

3/ I must confess that I have great expectations for my baby. Coollector 1.0 is just the foundation, and there's still A LOT of work ahead. Coollector should support images, incremental daily updates, series collections, music collections, book collections, games collections, etc... I should build a more accurate and complete encyclopedia. The shopping tool should work with the best stores around the world. Prices should be visible from the program. It should be possible to compare shops for better price, to place alerts on a product, etc... There should be translations to other languages. It should be possible to place your coollection online, for backup and for your friends to see it. Etc... Etc... And I only tell you the obvious, I have a few secret plans LOL.

If Stef and I remained alone, it would take us several centuries to achieve all this... I really hope that money will come in someday, allowing us to recruit a full team. As you know, we're affiliated with the stores, and we receive a commission when you buy through our shopping tool. If you want to support our work, it's as painless as buying yourself a good DVD. Nonetheless, nobody is forced to buy anything. Coollector is freeware, and you can use it as much as you want without ever buying anything. It's very unlikely anyone buys anything right now: I must add price info to the shopping tool, as soon as possible. The more useful the shopping tool will become, the more purchases will be made through us.
Post a reply