It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3D Movies
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:06 pm 

Several users are reporting crashes with the new version. It's currently my priority. I'll finish your feature just after.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:32 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:49 pm 

Here's the new version:

http://www.coollector.com/Coollector.exe

Please tell me if it doesn't work as expected.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:42 pm 

Compliments, it works as expected :yahoo:
I am very glad that i am able to cataloge my 3D movies now !!

Is it to much when i ask for a filter for the 3d movies ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:19 pm 

Skinamp wrote:
Is it to much when i ask for a filter for the 3d movies ?

You could edit your video technical details to add "3D".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:40 pm 

Sorry, don't understand what you mean :-(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:10 pm 

You click the video from the "owned videos" box, you click "edit", and you add the detail "3D".

It's the best you can do right now. In the future I plan to automatically extract technical details from the files, but there are other things higher on my todo list right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:16 pm 

Got it thnx, i am very happy with this new and great option you added

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:49 pm 

Thank you :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:47 am 

I own nearly 100 versions of movies that, in one form or another, have a 3d version and would really appreciate the opportunity to indicate 3d is available. In nearly every instance, the 3D version "package" includes both a standard Blu-Ray (2d) and a DVD version OR a Digital HD code.

By comparison, my 4K movies typically come with a standard Blu Ray (2d) too, and a few also include a Digital HD code.

So, to be clear, 3D packages always come with standard (3d) Blu Ray and most come with DVD too. 4K packages typically come with standard Blu Ray and rarely include anything else but when they do, it is a Digital HD code.

I downloaded your program, tested it out pretty quickly and gladly paid your modest fee. I failed to notice there was no option or capability to indicate 3D movies within a collection, which I sorely miss.

It strikes me as the simplest way to offer this capability is to create a few more entries in the database for the "Media Type" field to indicate "BR 3D" (for Blu Ray 3D), and potentially "3DBRDV" (for 3D, standard Blu Ray and DVD - not sure how many characters this field supports).

Another alternative would be to include more options in the "Edition" field to indicate packages such as those I described above (ie; "Blu Ray, Blu Ray 3D, DVD".

Finally, perhaps I missed it, but is there any capability to EDIT a movie once it has been listed as "owned"? It appears only the options to 'rate', 'unrate', 'wish' or 'loan' and I would appreciate the capability to edit information about the movies I own.

If there is any other information I can provide which may be of assistance, just let me know. I'm just beginning to catalog my collection and would love to be able to indicate those which have 3D rather than have to go back and re-catalog those movies again.

Keep up the great work !

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:28 am 

cpkokoska wrote:
is there any capability to EDIT a movie once it has been listed as "owned"?

Absolutely. You go to the movie and below the poster there's the "owned videos" box with your owned videos. From there you can click on a video, edit the technical details, delete it, etc...

cpkokoska wrote:
I failed to notice there was no option or capability to indicate 3D movies within a collection, which I sorely miss.

It strikes me as the simplest way to offer this capability is to create a few more entries in the database for the "Media Type" field

You can input any media type that you want. Simply click on the media type field then type in the value of your choice. Once you've added a new value, it'll become listed in the drop down.

cpkokoska wrote:
Another alternative would be to include more options in the "Edition" field

You can input custom values for all the fields (edition, details, etc...) :D

cpkokoska wrote:
Keep up the great work !

Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:10 pm 

Thanks so much for the prompt response!

One more question on this topic: I noticed that although I carefully search through the available images to find the one which matches the specific video I own (including 3D, 4K, etc...), the image which appears in my library (the panel showing what I own), rarely matches the image I selected. Am I doing something wrong here too or is there a specific process I must use in order to get the proper image to display in the panel of videos I own?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:33 pm 

The video cover depends on the video barcode. You can edit the barcode field to get the corresponding cover.

cpkokoska wrote:
I carefully search through the available images to find the one which matches the specific video I own (including 3D, 4K, etc...), the image which appears in my library (the panel showing what I own), rarely matches the image I selected.

Please explain what it means "I carefully search through the available images".

If I understand right, the videos you own are video files on your disk. When you scan your disk, the algorithm assigns a barcode at random (it's not completely random as it takes into account the language) and if you don't like the cover you got this way, you can edit the barcode field to select another one.

Does it help you?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:34 pm 

Sorry I wasn't clearer. NONE of my video collection is currently on disk - I'm still "old school" using Blu Ray, and to a lesser degree, DVD. I purchase the actual physical disc package. I'm scanning the bar code from each package into your software and it displays a corresponding series of cover images. From those, I try to select the one that precisely matches mine. Even when I can find an exact match and select it to add to my library as "owned", the image which displays in the left panel of my screen (as "owned") does not match the image selected or displayed on the right panel (which displays the image I selected first among the series of displayed images, and indicates I own it).

So, if I understand what you are saying correctly, the bar code I scan in brings up the movie and all available images/versions of it on the right side of my screen. I scroll through those to select the one which matches my physical disk and add that one to my library as "owned". However, once that is done, the selected image is NOT the one which displays on the left panel (I'm using your two panel display option) even thought it does indeed display as the first ("owned") in the series of images displayed on the right side as images/versions for that specific movie title.

Hope this better explains what I am experiencing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:41 pm 

cpkokoska wrote:
I'm scanning the bar code from each package into your software and it displays a corresponding series of cover images.

I'm surprised because in most cases the barcode search returns a single result which is automatically added without your action.

cpkokoska wrote:
From those, I try to select the one that precisely matches mine.

Could you please give me one of those barcodes that returns several results.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next