It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Languages etc
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:18 pm 

Wow, thanks a lot for this software, really appreciated. I've been looking for a while for good movie databases, and this really seems to be it. Great! :)

I do have a few questions though: I have a decent amount of movies, most of them in english, some in german (my native language), some with dual audio (english and dubbed german), some with german subtitles. When I watch movies with friends who don't speak english, language is a pretty important filter obviously.

Now I was wondering - For those movies that have dual audio, the VLC player lets me choose an audio track and it also says what language these tracks are. The same goes for Subtitles. So the Videos do have metadata about language. Is there a way for coollector to recognize these?

Also, for the videos in my collection quality varies widely, some are HiRes bluerays, some are 480p youtube downloads. Is it possible to filter or sort for quality? (could use tags, but then there's no way to populate these tags automatically I guess so for a decent sized collection it would be quite the hassle to do this by hand...)

next one: I would prefer the interface to be more spacious for the plot, while at the same time I don't really care for the cast down to the last extra or who did the sound and whatnot... I guess the question is: Is it possible to tinker with the interface like this, to change it in ways that go beyond the color scheme? e.g., have more space around the plot, and give me only the first 10 cast, director, writer and producer?

Can I filter for multiple categories, for example, list everything that's SciFi AND Adventure AND mystery?

and finally: When I scanned my movies-folder, there's been some files that weren't recognized. I know I can associate files to movies, but can I do it the other way round, like coollector gives me a list of unrecognized files and I can tell it what they are? And - is it possible to add movies / videos / thumbs and details that aren't in coollectors DB already?

One more thing, more of a remark I guess: I noticed there's very little use of context-menus, which I think is a pity since they're a very good and fast way to do stuff to/with things/files.

I'm only just starting to use coollector, so please forgive me if any of those are dumb questions :)

Cheers!

EDIT: Edited a few times for answers i found myself

Post subject: Re: Languages etc
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:17 am 

Berlin wrote:
Wow, thanks a lot for this software, really appreciated. I've been looking for a while for good movie databases, and this really seems to be it. Great! :)

Thank you very much :D

Berlin wrote:
the Videos do have metadata about language. Is there a way for coollector to recognize these?

Sorry, not for the moment, but it's a feature that I hope I'll add in the future (I say "hope" because I don't have any clear time frame to give you).

Berlin wrote:
quality varies widely, some are HiRes bluerays, some are 480p youtube downloads

Same as above, it's a matter of extracting metadata from your files, which the program doesn't do as of today.

Berlin wrote:
I would prefer the interface to be more spacious for the plot

When the plot is truncated, you can set it to display more lines by dragging the mouse below the plot (you should see arrows in that area and the cursor shape should change too). Each time you make this adjustment it sets the maximum number of lines that the plot can use. If you want as many lines as possible, you have to find a long plot and making the window smaller can help too.

Berlin wrote:
to change it in ways that go beyond the color scheme

The skin editor allows more than changing the colors. You can also change the font size, for example if you want the plot to be bigger.

Berlin wrote:
Can I filter for multiple categories, for example, list everything that's SciFi AND Adventure AND mystery?

We have 2 genre filters, Genre and Genre2 (sorry no Genre3). Click the button "Add/remove filters" to see all the filters available. Year and Year2 allow to set a year range ;)

Berlin wrote:
can I do it the other way round, like coollector gives me a list of unrecognized files and I can tell it what they are?

If you can't edit the file name to have the file recognized, it's probably because the movie is missing from our database. Here's the dedicated forum thread where you can request missing movies to be added, and they'll be added with the next update:

https://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116

Berlin wrote:
I noticed there's very little use of context-menus

Context-menus work with the grid elements. Is there another place that you'd like to suggest?