It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: unused values for dvd image/sound and packs for tv series
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:41 am
Posts: 1
Hi
I just discovered Coollector last week and think it's fantastic. I've been looking for some software to catalog my dvds for ages and your database is just what I need and has the added bonus of letting me track and rate the films/shows I've seen as well.

I spent some time over the weekend adding my owned dvds to the database and have come up with a few questions.

So far, I've been adding my own values to the image / sound fields based on what's written on the dvd case. However, that has left me with lots of similar entries eg. for sound '5.1', 'dolby digital 5.1', 'dolby surround 5.1' and for image '16:9', 'widescreen 1.78 (16:9)'. Now I'm thinking it might be better to describe things more simply eg. just 'mono' 'stereo' and 'surround'.

To that end, is there a way to edit a single field for multiple movies/shows at once? For example, if I do a filter search on owned and video sound 2.0 and get 19 results is there a way to edit them all at once to change sound '2.0' into 'dolby 2.0'? Or do I have to edit each dvd I own one at a time?

Also, all of the user-entered values I've ever created appear in the drop down lists when editing the dvds I own. However, this includes values I no longer want to use that are not currently assigned to any dvds. Is there a way to remove values that are not used/no longer necessary so that the drop down lists are not cluttered by irrelevent entries?

My other question is about creating packs. I've found this feature very useful for movies, but was disappointed there isn't a similar option for tv shows. I have a few tv series with different titles that are grouped together into box set. For example, the box set Sherlock Holmes the complete collection (starring Jeremy Brett) contains following series: 'The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' 'The Return of Sherlock Holmes' The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes' and 'The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes' but there is no option to indicate that these series are collected together in a single pack. I've run into at least three instances of this so far, and I'm only about half-way through cataloging my dvds. Is this a bug? Or perhaps a feature that could be added to the database in the future?

Thanks,
Flood494


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: unused values for dvd image/sound and packs for tv serie
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 6253
Flood494 wrote:
I just discovered Coollector last week and think it's fantastic.

Thank you very much :D


Flood494 wrote:
is there a way to edit a single field for multiple movies/shows at once? For example, if I do a filter search on owned and video sound 2.0 and get 19 results is there a way to edit them all at once to change sound '2.0' into 'dolby 2.0'? Or do I have to edit each dvd I own one at a time?

Sorry, it's not possible, and I don't plan to add such a feature.


Flood494 wrote:
Also, all of the user-entered values I've ever created appear in the drop down lists when editing the dvds I own. However, this includes values I no longer want to use that are not currently assigned to any dvds. Is there a way to remove values that are not used/no longer necessary so that the drop down lists are not cluttered by irrelevent entries?

I'm surprised because the user-entered values should disappear automatically when they're not used anymore. That looks like a bug. What values didn't disappear? Please send me your coollection file so I can look at it.


Flood494 wrote:
My other question is about creating packs. I've found this feature very useful for movies, but was disappointed there isn't a similar option for tv shows.

I thought it was possible for TV shows, but you're right, it's not possible, thank you for reporting! I'll have to change that. Probably I won't have the time for the next version, but I'll do it for the version after.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: unused values for dvd image/sound and packs for tv serie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 6253
With the new version 4.10.7, you can create pack of series :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2018 phpBB Group