It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Adding in TV series
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:17 am 

Firstly?

Coollector addict :yahoo:

I've entered in all my movies and am now starting to put in TV series.

Everything I have is digital - thats just a side note really.

I saw a note in the latest upgrade about the ability to enter in a series but couldn't really see anywhere different to do this...?

Anyways...I started entering TV series in but I seem to be doing something wrong....

As an example I added Episode 1 of 13 Different Ways and specified it was ep1 of season 1 in the add as owned frame but when I go back and edit that episode to show the info frame, the season and episode fields are not saved but other fields like media type HAVE saved .

?

Is there a way to more effectively manage TV series in Coollector? Maybe I am going about this the wrong way....

Post subject: Re: Adding in TV series
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:11 am 

daveinermo wrote:
I saw a note in the latest upgrade about the ability to enter in a series but couldn't really see anywhere different to do this...?

I'm afraid you didn't understand the announcement. "it's possible to create packs of series" means that you can create a pack that contains for example some episodes of the series Dexter + some episodes of the series Friends. Until now it was only possible to create packs of movies, because the pack field wasn't shown in the case of a series.

daveinermo wrote:
specified it was ep1 of season 1

How did you do it? 1 in the season field and 1 in the season field? Well, that's not how it works. You use either the season field or the episode field. If you try to use both, the first one will be reset.

Examples with the season box:

1 => season 1
1-3 => seasons 1 to 3

Examples with the episode box:

3.5 => season 3, episode 5
5.1+5.2+5.3 => season 5, first 3 episodes
7 => episode 7 (no season)
all => complete series

As you can see, this allows all the possible combinations.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:14 am 

Thanks for explaining that.

I added each episode to the "movie" andspecified series 1 on each one but again nothing has save against the episode.

Ive added printscreens showing this - again these are episodes I have definitely added as owned with the season 1 selected and am now NOT selecting the episodes.

Am I not understanding the feature properly?

Also I notice when I click on the play button it shows a dropdown with the option to add more files followed by all files attached which are named Episode 1, Episode 2 and so on but Episode 11, 12 and 13 show between Episode 1 and 2. I know this is just a sorting thing but is there a smart way around this - can I rename the files somehow to avoid this?

Thx much appreciated.

Attachments:
Coollector 2.jpg
Coollector 2.jpg [ 444.27 KiB | Viewed 3571 times ]
Coollector 1.jpg
Coollector 1.jpg [ 523.99 KiB | Viewed 3571 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:49 pm 

daveinermo wrote:
Am I not understanding the feature properly?

You can't create packs of video files. Packs only work with physical medias, for example a boxset of DVDs.

Anyway, thank you very much for the screenshots, I will fix the layout bug that you've discovered.