Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

Duplicates

Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:00 am

I am new to this great program, and I am still learning. The reason I started with this program is to sort out duplicates of the same movie. Lets say I have a dvd and a blue ray and even a vhs of the same movie title how can I make a list of any duplicate titles? And to show the total amount of movies in my collection and not just the total amount of titles that I own. thank you

Re: Duplicates

Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:50 pm

bob6313 wrote:I am new to this great program, and I am still learning.

Welcome :hi:

bob6313 wrote:The reason I started with this program is to sort out duplicates of the same movie. Lets say I have a dvd and a blue ray and even a vhs of the same movie title how can I make a list of any duplicate titles?

For video files, you can use the menu "Tools->Manage your video files->Find duplicate video files".

Unfortunately it won't work for physical medias. It's at the moment when you add a DVD that you're supposed to notice if it's a duplicate. You're also supposed to use the app to prevent buying duplicates.

bob6313 wrote:And to show the total amount of movies in my collection and not just the total amount of titles that I own.

The app does that by default. It counts the number of owned movies, independantly of whether you own multiple copies of the same movie.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:44 am

Each media type ( dvd, bd, vhs) has a unique barcode if that helps.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:40 am

Leanne Martin wrote:Each media type ( dvd, bd, vhs) has a unique barcode if that helps.

The duplicate feature is only for files, it's called "find duplicate video files" and it's inside the menu "Manage your video files".
Post a reply