It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Confused and need straightening out!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:11 am 

I am still new with this application but starting to get up in age using that as an excuse
My issue I have many old movies that I want to add to your database and after reading this forum am missing some vital info. You said you need a imdb number I looked at your samples you posted in this forum and when I clicked on the movie in your sample what came up is a prime video page with that movie, but could not find any imdb id attached to it.
Again I have many movies that are not in your database and when I went to the imdb website to add a movie I was having a hard time following its instructions, if I was reading it correctly even adding a movie you would be a Contributor do you need to answer all the questions or can you click on the information on the prime video page when you do a search on the movie. Example one of the movies that I have and cannot find on yours or IMDb database is P.O.W. the Escape with David Carradine and the media is a vhs tape. If you do a search it is on prime video website just like the sample movies you have in this general forum that where added by you with a IMDb number where ever they are, cannot find them on the IMDb website with the movie. Thanks again :sos:

Post subject: Re: Confused and need straightening out!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:52 am 

It's very rare when a movie is missing from the IMDb.

bob6313 wrote:
Example one of the movies that I have and cannot find on yours or IMDb database is P.O.W. the Escape with David Carradine

This movie is already on the IMDb, here's the page:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091713/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It's also in Coollector but with the title

Behind Enemy Lines [Attack Force 'Nam]

With the next update I'll add the aka "P.O.W. the Escape"

bob6313 wrote:
and the media is a vhs tape.

In Coollector, you go to that movie and you'll see that the "existing videos" box knows 3 VHS of it. You click yours or the one wich is the closest, then you click the button "Add as owned".

bob6313 wrote:
You said you need a imdb number I looked at your samples you posted in this forum and when I clicked on the movie in your sample what came up is a prime video page with that movie

What you describe is very weird, please tell me where I can find that forum page you talk about.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:11 am 

Post subject: Re: How to get IMDB number for a series.PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:06 pm
you wrote the tt number where is it on the IMDb video page?
And using this video a plain store bought video how did you know it was behind enemy lines I look on the prime video web page and did not see it grouping the different names together P.O.W. the escape with Behind enemy lines
I also have several Bruce Lee and John Wayne movies I could not find by name or bar code. Is there another way to add a store bought video to IMDb or your database?
again thanks for the help.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:53 am 

bob6313 wrote:
you wrote the tt number where is it on the IMDb video page?

Look at the address of the IMDb page:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091713/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

=> the tt number is tt0091713

bob6313 wrote:
And using this video a plain store bought video how did you know it was behind enemy lines I look on the prime video web page

Sorry, I don't understand why you keep talking about prime video.

bob6313 wrote:
I also have several Bruce Lee and John Wayne movies I could not find by name or bar code. Is there another way to add a store bought video to IMDb or your database?

I doubt that there is any Bruce Lee and John Wayne movies missing from the IMDb (and probably Coollector's database too). If you look at the filmography of John Wayne, we have 228 movies! Which ones you could not find by name?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:20 pm 

I did a page copy of what I have been seeing when I click on one of the IMDb numbers and answers the question of prime video, maybe you can tell me what I am doing wrong

Attachments:
File comment: This is what I see when I press your short cut to a video with the IMDb number
moviepic.jpg
moviepic.jpg [ 475.35 KiB | Viewed 4681 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:56 pm 

Attachment:
enemy.png
enemy.png [ 234.52 KiB | Viewed 4677 times ]

I've added a red circle so you can see the tt number. It's in the address bar, just above what could be seen in the screenshot that you sent.

The thing about Amazon Prime Video is just a big ad. Sometimes the IMDb display an ad for Prime Video, sometimes it displays an ad for a movie, and sometimes it doesn't display any ad at all like in my case.

Now that you know how to find the tt number, you know how to request a missing movie to be added. But I doubt that our is missing as many movies as you say...

Please give me some examples of the movies you could not find.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:07 pm 

I want to thank you I believe I am on the same page as everyone else concerning the IMDb number.
Still having an issue with sets or movie series
Do have one movie so far that you could add when you get a chance tt0083266 Utilities
thanks again, most likely will have other questions down the road.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:32 pm 

bob6313 wrote:
Do have one movie so far that you could add when you get a chance tt0083266 Utilities

I've added your request to the dedicated forum thread, so the script can find it.

https://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116&p=21026#p21026

Please use this thread the next time you want to request movie additions.

bob6313 wrote:
Still having an issue with sets or movie series

Maybe this can help you:

https://www.coollector.com/help.html#packs