Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

Users Movie List

Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:19 pm

I see when i back up my data i can view my movies on the Coollector site. i was just curious is it possible to view other users movie list to get ideas of new movies to add to my collection?

Re: Users Movie List

Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:42 pm

If you know a user's name, it's possible to guess the address of the page. But frankly this app isn't the best for that. I think the IMDb is much better... Read the movie reviews on the IMDb, find interesting users and look what else they've reviewed, what they've rated, and the lists they've made.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:49 am

thank you

Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:26 pm

HemlockBrandy wrote:is it possible to view other users movie list to get ideas of new movies to add to my collection?

As I said, Coollector isn't good for discovering movies based on the other users. But we do have something which in my opinion is way more convenient to discover movies, it's the recommendation engine. If you rate the movies that you've seen, the app will be able to predict how much you'll like the movies you haven't seen yet. I know that many people don't trust the algorithms because they've had a bad experience in the past for example with Netflix, but this one works very well.

https://www.coollector.com/help.html#recommendations
Post a reply