Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

Crashes

Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:53 pm

Once in a blue moon I get an error message that says something like "Coollector has crashed and will now close". So it closes and then (this is Windows 7) it brings me to a Windows temp directory showing a, I believe, dump file. I'm not worried about the crashes, since they're so infrequent but more just curious of the dmp files. Are they useful to you?

Cheers

Re: Crashes

Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:49 am

When the dump file is created by the release version, it contains hardly any information that I can use. But if the user can reproduce the bug (and I can't reproduce it on my own computer), then I can send a debug version to the user and this time the crash dump it'll created will really help me to understand the bug.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:10 pm

Ok, so I will try to remember to keep track of what happens when it crashes. Like I said, it's pretty infrequent, I was just curious.

Thanks bud!

Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:29 am

Hi Hector, the crashes are becoming far more frequent. Usually at least every second time I open the program.

But it happens at random times. It can be when I'm looking up a character, hit the Play button in an episode, searching for a specific movie or series, or just looking at what movies I have. As I said, just really random.

Thanks.

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:31 pm

I haven't seen crashes in a long time, and no one has reported any recently. Do you have a Mac or a PC?

Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:14 am

PC

Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:59 am

Here is a debug version:

https://www.coollector.com/Coollector_DEBUG.exe

Please use that version until you succeed to make it crash. If the crash generates dump files, please send them to me and I'll analyze them.

My email address: hector at coollector dot com

Thanks!

Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:55 pm

Will do, thanks mate.
Post a reply