It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Translate and send images
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:46 pm 

Good afternoon. I would like to know if it is possible to send the photos of the protagonists that appear in their respective boxes of both movies and series. The reason is that, it is not that it is easier to find a certain photo of good quality and send it to you, but rather, there are more than 1,200,000 protagonists, screenwriters, directors, musicians, etc., and in cases where you are not the protagonist or a secondary character, such as, for example, a voice actor, or a helper, or a lyricist, etc., it is almost impossible to find an image of these characters, whether you are looking for them online or if you are trying to extract a scene from the movie itself. where the character appears.
There are infinities that will be almost impossible to locate.
I thought about looking at the people section and there are a total of 1,215,860, of which most of them do not have an image of him.
I looked on the internet trying several, and it was impossible for me to locate any of them. A woman for example from an animation movie that I remember was anime, but I did not find her image anywhere.
I do not say it is impossible, I say it is very very difficult.
For this reason, I do not know if you would accept photos already taken from the character's website in good quality, or they must necessarily be taken from the film in question.
If so, there would be a redundancy of images of thousands of actors, who would appear differently in each movie, with which, the size of the database would increase greatly.
However, if we put a neutral image of the character in question, without having to adjust to a given sequence of said movie, the database would be smaller and the whole process would be streamlined.
You decide.
I am Spanish and although I can write and read English, it is not perfect and the grammar contains errors due to years of not practicing. For this reason, I preferred that Google and its translator facilitate my work with the translation, so that you could understand me better.

Another thing that I would like to know if it is possible to do is that this program could be translated into Spanish and other languages.
It would be as simple as letting the people themselves download it, translate it from an external language file type .lng extension.
Thus, programmers would not have to do this work.

In turn, allow sipnosis to be extracted from databases in those languages, such as filmafinity, etc.

For the rest, say that the program is excellent, fast, portable, works offline, etc ...

Regards :hi:

Post subject: Re: Translate and send images
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:04 pm 

zeus128 wrote:
there would be a redundancy of images of thousands of actors, who would appear differently in each movie

We handle person pictures and character pictures separately. An actor can have only one picture (generally the most recent we could find) and one character picture for each movie he played in.

zeus128 wrote:
A woman for example from an animation movie that I remember was anime, but I did not find her image anywhere.

In that case we're only interested in finding a screenshot of the character from the movie, nevermind the picture of the person.

zeus128 wrote:
I do not know if you would accept photos already taken from the character's website in good quality, or they must necessarily be taken from the film in question.

I prefer a screenshot from the movie, but a picture is better than no picture at all so the contribution would not be rejected.

zeus128 wrote:
it is possible to do is that this program could be translated into Spanish and other languages.

Yes, I plan to do that, but I can't give any date, it's a lot of work.

zeus128 wrote:
It would be as simple as letting the people themselves download it, translate it from an external language file type .lng extension.
Thus, programmers would not have to do this work.

I'm afraid it's more difficult than that. Movie titles are often very different from one country to the other, and an automatic Google translation wouldn't work.

zeus128 wrote:
In turn, allow sipnosis to be extracted from databases in those languages, such as filmafinity, etc.

I never add a synopsis automatically. In my experience, a human check is necessary. For non-english synopsis, I'll probably rely a lot on users contributions.

zeus128 wrote:
For the rest, say that the program is excellent, fast, portable, works offline, etc ...

Thank you very much!!!