It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:37 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Genre eddit question
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:44 pm 

I do really love this program. it gives alot of info on the movies and stars and so forth. but the issue i am having is searching by Genre, i know this has nothing to do with the Coollecter Program. nor do i think it has any fault on IMDB. but to search for a genre is totally useless on here. cause no way to single out what i want. Look for a Horror. you will get movies that are a wide range of Genre's from romance to war. so is there any way i can edit the Genre info to remove Genre from movies like if it has one little love scene in the movie i dont wish it to show up in Horror for that little bit of Romance it has i dont like to see Thrillers mixed in horrors as well. any help would be greatly appreciated.

for an example the 1999 movie The Devils Arithmetic. there is one scene when she walks through a door and goes back in time.. that is the only area of the movie that would think Fantasy. but i do not want that to show up if i search Fantasy. cause it has one little scene in it.. great movie for your Info

Post subject: Re: Genre eddit question
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:54 pm 

It's currently not possible, and there's no easy way I can think of to make it possible in the future. In my opinion, editing the genres would be overkill. Too complex for little benefits...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:09 pm 

I understand, what i came up with is the like and dislike emotes.. i never use them so im going to tag my fav genres with a different emote. and if i remember i think you can call up certain emotes.. now that im really putting some thought into it. im notg sure if you can pull up certain emotes.. uumm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:12 pm 

ok im back and tes i can.. so ill just use the rateing emotes to tag my movies... love this program.. would love to be able to pull up recently added movies though

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:17 am 

If you're willing to put some work into it, you could use the tag feature. Next to the genre, you have "no tag" written in green. You click it and you can edit the tag associated to the movie. For example you could tag "horror" all the movies that you truly consider as horror movies.

You'll be able to use the tag filter.

There's a keyboard shortcut to tag faster:
https://www.coollector.com/help.html#shortcuts

HemlockBrandy wrote:
would love to be able to pull up recently added movies though

I'm afraid I don't understand what you said. Could you elaborate?

The status filter has a "recently owned" value, and the rated filter has a "recently rated" value. Does it help?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:26 am 

HemlockBrandy wrote:
is there any way i can edit the Genre info to remove Genre from movies like if it has one little love scene in the movie i dont wish it to show up in Horror for that little bit of Romance it has i dont like to see Thrillers mixed in horrors as well.

After reading your post again, I realize that you're willing to put some work into it and the tag feature is the perfect solution for you.

I was confused because I thought you wanted to display the movies with the horror genre but not the romance genre. This could not have worked because when you have a romance horror movie, you can't tell whether it's a horror movie with some romance or a romance movie with some horror. Hopefully you'll understand what I mean :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:40 pm 

WOW,,,,, thank that is a great solution thank you