It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Suggestion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:01 pm 

It' a very nice app.
and it helped me organizing my collection (around 850 movies).
so i bought a license.

but there's only one feature missing , i think.
just a button to mark a movie as (seen).
until now i'm using the rating thing .. if rated by me .. then it was seen.
but an actual seen/unseen mark would look neat.

cheers

Post subject: Re: Suggestion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:30 pm 

For a very long time I've been reluctant to the idea, but a few weeks ago I've finally decided that I will add a watched icon (it'll look like an eye and will be placed between the smiley icons and the not interested icon).

Personally I don't understand why people would use it instead of rating (maybe you can explain to me) but nevermind I'll give the choice.

Marking a movie as watched will have some benefits, like being able to filter out what you've seen. If you rate instead, the additional benefit will be the predicted ratings.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:00 am 

I was searching the forums to see if this was an option. It looks like you were going to add it at one point, but I still don't see it in the latest version. I love the program (I even donated) and I would find this useful. I personally do not intend to use recommendations within this program. I would rather have a simple "watched" button. Possibly even something along the lines of an "I'd like to watch this again" button, but I know that would be more specific to my own needs and not used by many others.

To explain more why I'm not a big fan of the rating system... I have had this program for years, but I am only now really digging in and setting everything up. Basically I have 1,000+ movies. Many of them I only vaguely remember. Certainly not well enough to give them an accurate rating. Going through and rating them all is going to be a big task. My workaround is probably going to be to use one of the other buttons (wished, ordered, etc.) to mimic the "watched" button, unless you think it might still be added.

If I do end up rating them all, it will either be a best guess or I'll go through and give all the ones I watched the same score. Maybe going forward I can rate them properly. Regardless, I still love the program. Thanks for all your work on it!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:37 am 

fader089 wrote:
unless you think it might still be added.

Yep, I still plan to add it, as well as a bunch of other improvements, so it's hard to tell what will arrive first and what will arrive later.

fader089 wrote:
Basically I have 1,000+ movies. Many of them I only vaguely remember. Certainly not well enough to give them an accurate rating.

I'm like you, there are movies that I've seen but don't remember enough. I'll rate them only if I watch them again, which is unlikely because I won't waste my time watching something that isn't memorable.

You should rate only the movies that you remember well enough, it's all it takes for the system to understand your tastes. The recommendations are helpful and they'll become even more useful, almost essential, with the big release that I'm planning for later this year.

fader089 wrote:
Regardless, I still love the program. Thanks for all your work on it!

Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:08 pm 

With the latest version 4.19.4, you can mark a movie as watched without rating it.