It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Contributor code when using portable mode
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:54 pm 

Hello,

This is a minor issue. Maybe there is a quick fix or even a simple "it doesn't work with portable mode" would be fine. I do have a contributor code. It works for a single sign in. After I try to sign in again, it always asks for the code each time. I'm not sure if it's because I'm using it on two computer? I'm using one computer to edit the database and the other for actually using the program.

Not a big deal since the only downside is the 30 second wait. Just curious if this was working as intended or if there is a known workaround or fix. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Contributor code when using portable mode
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:56 am 

It works for me, I don't know why it doesn't work for you.

With the portable version, your settings are stored inside the file Portable.txt. Your licence is stored there too (encrypted).

Maybe the system or your antivirus is preventing Coollector from writing to that file. Are you sure you're not running out of disk space?

Is the license the only thing that the app forgets? Does it remember which movie was displayed when you left? or the window size and position?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:01 am 

I was able to do some more testing. Everything works fine in the program itself. The only thing that isn't working "properly" is the contributor code remembering its settings. This is not a big deal. I was just curious if it was a known thing or if there was an easy fix. Here are my findings.

TL:DR - I get different encrypted keys on each computer. When I activate on one, it changes the key so that I'm "deactivated" on the other. They are both accessing the same folder on a network. They are the same Portable.txt file.

I'm looking at the Crypt field in Portable.txt. I can see that when I enter my contributor code on Computer A, I get into the program instantly and the Crypt field is set accordingly. As long as I only use Computer A or don't enter my contributor code on Computer B, my access continues to be instant. The Crypt field maintains the key for Computer A.

If I enter the same contributor code on Computer B, I get in instantly. At this point, the Crypt field in Portable.txt has changed to a different key. Computer A can no longer get in instantly. It seems that there is a unique key created for each computer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:26 am 

Thank you, that's very interesting findings, I will put some though into it.