It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Is there a way to search by date added or reviewed?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:05 am 

I know I'm posting two back to back questions, but since they are unrelated, I thought it would be best to separate them.

I was curious if there was a way (or any plans to add a way) to use something like "date added" or "date reviewed" when searching or sorting my list of movies? I would personally use both, but maybe it wouldn't be worth adding if other people wouldn't. Keep in mind that in any given year we could be watching movies from many different years and decades. Because of that, the "IMDB Year" isn't really the same thing.

Example for "date added":

Lets say I have 2,000 movies in my database and throughout the year I add another 200. I don't watch them all immediately. Some I may watch right away, others might not be watched for years. Maybe we sit down to pick out some movies and our thought is "I know we added some good ones last year, but I can't remember what they were." It would be nice to filter out (or sort by date) to see the newest additions vs the older ones that we keep passing over.

Example for "date reviewed"

This one is more straight forward but maybe not as useful overall. Being able to sort by date reviewed would allow us to do a yearly roundup of everything we watched in a given year. Sort of like a timeline of our movie watching. It would also be nice if we were trying to give recommendations and can't remember all the movies we watched in a given year.

Both of those would be awesome to have as potential drop downs. That way they could be coupled with other things like genre, tags, etc.

Post subject: Re: Is there a way to search by date added or reviewed?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:30 am 

Currently the app doesn't save the exact date you've owned or rated movies, but it saves the chronology, as you can see with the filters "recently owned" and "recently rated".

It's very low priority but I do plan to improve that in the future by saving the exact date and even more (how many times you've watched a movie and wether it was in theaters or some place else).