Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

Is there a way to bulk add tags?

Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:54 pm

I am thinking of just browsing my entire collection listing and clicking on the movies I'd like to add a tag to in bulk. Point, click, select, point, click, select....

Is this possible?

ATM I am Click Movie to open it up, click add tags, typing in tag, OK, Clicking OWNED tab, scrolling to find where I left off, rinse and repeat. Am I doing this the most efficient way to enter tags?

Re: Is there a way to bulk add tags?

Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:50 pm

Unfortunately it's not possible, but that doesn't seem very difficult to implement it.

Here's how I see it, please tell me if you think of something better:

1) you tag a movie with the tag "xxxxxx".

2) From now on, every time you'll right click a movie from a grid, the right click menu has the option "add tag: xxxxxx".

If the movie already has tags, this new tag is added and the previous tags are preserved...

Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:57 pm

For consistency, I'll add "edit tags" to the right click menu.

And when there's a tag in memory, as I said I'll also add "add tag: xxxxx".

Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:13 pm

PERFECT, thank you! Another way would be if you could CTRL Click multiple movies and when finished scouring your collection, bulk add those chosen with a TAG.

Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:31 pm

Barney Rubble wrote:PERFECT, thank you!
Should be available with the next version ;)

Barney Rubble wrote:Another way would be if you could CTRL Click multiple movies and when finished scouring your collection, bulk add those chosen with a TAG.

Sounds interesting but I'm afraid the lack of visual cues would make it impractical. I mean that you wouldn't see exactly what you're doing and it's not a good thing when you do blindly a complex task... Suppose you've clicked the wrong movie or you're not 100% sure you've clicked the right one, do you have to start all over again?

Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:36 pm

(cool) Hector wrote:Should be available with the next version ;)

Version 4.19.7 is now available :D
Post a reply