It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Pictures Posters
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:38 am 

I would like to print a list of my movies with a single movie per page and an image of the (poster?) of the movie.

I see a tic box when clicking on the "export the list" button than shows "image" and to save as a txt, xml, or json file type. None of those to my knowledge can contain images.

What am I missing?

Again, I would love to have a page break code embedded at the end of each movie entry.

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Pictures Posters
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:47 am 

rjent wrote:
save as a txt, xml, or json file type. None of those to my knowledge can contain images.

You're right they can't contain pictures. What kind of file format you would have liked?

Maybe you could try the online publishing feature:

https://www.coollector.com/coollection.php?user=cool_hector&list=RecentlyWatchedMovies

(those are my watched movies as an example)

You can save the html page on your computer and maybe edit it to add the page breaks you want.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:15 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
rjent wrote:
save as a txt, xml, or json file type. None of those to my knowledge can contain images.

You're right they can't contain pictures. What kind of file format you would have liked?

I was hoping for a Open Office or Word word processing type of file. As a programmer during the last four decades, I did a lot of data manipulation just like this. If there was some kind of "flag" character that broke the file into movies, I could then convert from there. The pictures aren't mandatory, but would be helpful.

Dick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:25 pm 

I thought that you wanted pictures and expected that you'd ask for PDF export.

If the pictures are not mandatory, what problem do you have with the XML file?

https://www.google.com/search?q=import+xml+into+words

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:38 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
I thought that you wanted pictures and expected that you'd ask for PDF export.

If the pictures are not mandatory, what problem do you have with the XML file?

https://www.google.com/search?q=import+xml+into+words

A PDF would be outstanding :). My open office writer doesn't convert it for some reason. I just see XML code.

Let me work with some converts. Doesn't do the graphics, but one step at a time. :V:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:04 pm 

rjent wrote:
A PDF would be outstanding :)

I'm ok to add it to my todo list, but be aware that a handful of other things are higher on my list.

rjent wrote:
Let me work with some converts. Doesn't do the graphics, but one step at a time. :V:

You should start with a list as small as possible, and if you notice something wrong with my XML, I'll fix it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:11 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
rjent wrote:
A PDF would be outstanding :)

I'm ok to add it to my todo list, but be aware that a handful of other things are higher on my list.

rjent wrote:

You should start with a list as small as possible, and if you notice something wrong with my XML, I'll fix it.

I understand busy LOL

The xml file doesn't want to convert to any other known format, it always just translates as the xml markup code. I tried multiple online converts to no avail. Looking at the structure and tags, everything seems fine, but I am no expert on xml.

My main goal right now is to create a page per movie. I need to find a "flag" that will trigger a page break (unless you already have that and I am not seeing it LOL).

I can do without the pictures, but my wife wants them so, well I then need the pictures :D

Anyway, I will continue to hammer away to see if I can figure something out ..... :hi:

Dick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:16 am 

rjent wrote:
I will continue to hammer away to see if I can figure something out ..... :hi:

Maybe you could search for some random XML files on the internet. If you find one that converts, we'll be able to compare.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:27 am 

Unfortunately I don't know much about Words and Office, never used them, don't have them on my computer.

It seems that you need to create an xslt file that will be used as a template for the DOCX file.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38298174/directly-convert-a-single-xml-file-to-docx

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d3146953-4bb9-49aa-a344-3d7a882a377c/creating-word-from-xml-xslt?forum=aspwebforms

https://www.google.com/search?q=xml+to+words+XSLT