Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

Coollector "resetting" itself

Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:46 am

So after I scan my folder for new movies, the program resets itself. In that I mean before I scan my folder, I have the Recently owned as my selection but after the scan it resets itself to it's default. Is this meant to be?

Thanks bud

Re: Coollector "resetting" itself

Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:36 am

There's no such thing as a default search that the app would reset to.

When you launch the app for the very first time, the filtered search has no filter set => it displays all the movies. After that, the app remembers your last filtered search.

I think what you've noticed is that, at the end of a scan, the filtered search sets itself to display your owned video files so you can verify that the movies were correctly added. Isn't it what's happening?

I agree with you that it can be considered as annoying as it replaces your favorite search, but it won't be a problem anymore in a couple of months when I'll have released the new version I'm working on. This version will bring a new page with all your favorite searches organized in rows (à la Netflix) and that page won't be messed up by the scan feature.

Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:58 am

As a small improvement for the next update, your message gave me the idea to modify the app to make the scan feature display the _recently_ added files instead of just the added files. It's indeed better to have your last additions listed first.

Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:19 pm

Great, thanks Hector.
Post a reply