It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Offering Improvement to manage multiple movie collections
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:37 pm 

It would be great to have the opportunity on startup of the program to choose which "owned" collection to open up.

For example, to be able to choose between "Mike's Collection", "Sarah's Collection" or "Andrew's Collection".

I know that this is already possible by double-clicking on various different .cool files (aka collections) which will open-up a collection, but it isn't the most user-friendly method that could be used.

However I'd like to note that I am extremely happy with what the Coollector already offers, this is a great program!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:01 am 

Congratulations, I see that you have perfectly understood how the coollection files work.

But using multiple coollection files is an advanced concept that we've kept hidden, intentionally, to not confuse the beginners.

Also, you must realize that a great majority of the users will never use multiple files. For them, it's better that the program opens up directly with the default coollection, instead of having to choose which coollection to use.

For all those reasons, I'm really not sure I want to change the current behaviour...

But here is a suggestion I hope you will like: you could create shortcuts on your desktop (right-clicking the coollection file -> send to desktop). Or, if you don't want to clutter your desktop, maybe you could place the shortcuts in your start menu.