It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: dvd & AVI owned movies
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:51 am 

Is there a way that we can differentiate between owned movies on dvd and owned movies on the hard disk (avi files)? At the moment the filtered list of owned movies combines the whole lot together. Maybe some sort of colour coding?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:49 am 

In the left pane of Coollector in the Owned Video box you can have multiple entries for the different formats you have of a particular movie.

So for example if you have the DVD already listed as owned you can click on the "associate a video file to this movie" by first clicking on the Play icon. When you pick the avi file from your hard drive it will be listed separately in the Owned box as avi x 1 after the DVD x 1.

Also on the right pane when you do a filtered search for Owned, any title that has a file associated with it will have the "play" arrow icon.

You don't have to accept the avi tag either. You can type in your own tag such as HDD or Network or whatever you want. You do this in the Media Type field in the Add As Owned dialog box that pops up while you are associating the file.

~KnoWei

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:00 am 

What KnoWei said :D

The filtered list of owned movies combines the two, but you can easily spot those on your hard drive, because they have a small "play" icon next to their name.

The only thing I can add, is that I plan to extend the filtered search with more filters. And a new filter will be the media type. You'll be able to show only the videos on DVD, or only the avi files.

This new filter "media type" will have some special values:
* "video files" will gather any "avi", "divx", "iso", etc...
* "video disks" will gather "DVD R0", "DVD R1", "DVD R2", etc...
* maybe also "HD disks" and "SD disks".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:39 am 

Thanks guys, I had added the avi movies but I hadn't associated the files so I wasn't seeing the triangle on the right pane.