Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

portable device

Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:06 pm

Hi I'm a new member and would like to have some way to keep all of my movie titles on a portable device like a ipod or something like that. I go to a lot of flee markets and second hand places to look for movies. It would help to be able to look to see if I already have a movie or not . Any help would be great. Thanks splice

Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:01 pm

Hi splice !

To create a list of the movies that you own, go to the movies criterion search, adjust criteria to display your owned movies, and then click the "print results" button. It will generate a .txt file located in the directory where you installed Coollector. That's it, you just have to copy this list into your iPod.

P.S: you could also take your wish list with you.

P.S.2: if you have a printer, another solution is to simply print the list on a sheet of paper.

portable devices

Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:03 pm

A late reply I know ,thanks for the info. Since I know vrey little about ipods and how much they will hold, what size would be needed to hold two or three thousand movie titles? I see they have them from 1 to 80 to gigabites. And is there anything other than ipods that will do the same thing? thanks again splice

Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:11 pm

(I thought that you already had an iPod)

A list of titles is something very very small (a few Kb), so the size is really not a problem.

Many portable devices can read a text file: PDAs of course, some cell phones, etc...

As I have already said, the most simple solution is to PRINT your list on a sheet of paper :roll:

Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:27 am

The new version of Coollector adds export to iPod Notes format.

iphone

Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:02 pm

i see i can print to my ipod but can i also print to the ipod on iphone if so how would i do this?

If this is not possable an iphone app would be an excellent idea.

Re: iphone

Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:42 pm

billyiz wrote:i see i can print to my ipod but can i also print to the ipod on iphone if so how would i do this?

I have an iPod Touch, and I don't think iPod notes work with it. If I'm wrong, please someone correct me and tell me how to do.
Post a reply