It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: new member
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:59 pm 

This is probably a really stupid question....I've read all I could about this database, so I would have to guess that I'm a really stupid person (after all, I am a retarted ---no, retired sailor...LOL) well here goes.....how in the hell do I start this program, I've got over 600 movies to enter and I haven't got a clue how to get started....(told you it was a stupid question...) :cry2:

Post subject: Re: new member
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:58 pm 

willieben wrote:
I've read all I could about this database

Did you have a look at the help file ?

http://www.coollector.com/help.html

willieben wrote:
I haven't got a clue how to get started....

First thing, you must learn how to navigate to a movie, by using the string search.

You can click the search button and select "movie string search", but it's faster to directly start typing your search, and the string search will appear automatically.

Now that you have reached the page of the movie, click the existing videos box, to see if your video is in our database of existing videos. If it's there, select the video to display its technical details, and at the buttom you'll see a button to add this video to your owned videos.

If our database of existing videos doesn't have your video, you'll have to add it from scratch, by clicking the owned videos box. Or maybe you'll use an existing video as a template, only adjusting the fields that must be changed.

Another option, if you don't care much about technical details and want to input your 600 videos very quickly, is to use keyboard shortcuts:

1) go to the movie
2) press the "+" key
3) press the "enter" key
4) press the "enter" key again

It only takes a fraction of second to add a video (the first video you enter, you should select a media type and a language, and those values will be used for the following videos).

Last but not least, if you have some video files on your hard disk, you can tell the program where they are located, and the program will add them all automatically. Simply click the "play" icon (below the movie title) and choose which directory to scan.

If needed, don't hesitate to ask for more help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:08 pm 

Ooops, I forgot...

1) welcome !

2) after you have entered your videos, you can see them all by clicking the search button and choosing "owned movies".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:12 pm 

It's not as hard as it seems. It's just difficult to explain with words. :D

This summer, we'll make a video to demonstrate the features in a friendly way.