It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: how can i add multiple videos in one series?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:51 am 

kakashi wrote:
8) IDEA / SUGGESTION :D A way to switch the list at bottom between cast/episodes would be KOOOOOL :D 8)

Unfortunately, our database will probably never contain episode information. Users download the entire database, so we have to keep it at a reasonable size, with only the essential information. For the episode list and description, we provide links to the IMDB.com and TV.com.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:24 pm 

:doh: It Seems I wasn't clear enough. I simply meant having an option to show that list that comes down when you press the 'Click To Play A Video File' button. Not episode information, Just file list.

kakashi wrote:
Is there a way to show the episodes in a longer list? (eg. the one on the left) It would be cool if the list was able to stay on screen after i click an episode. That way after i finish an episode id be able to just go back to coollector and select the next in line...

It was just a continuation of what i said here.

Am i a bit clearer now? :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:32 pm 

kakashi wrote:
I simply meant having an option to show that list that comes down when you press the 'Click To Play A Video File' button. Not episode information, Just file list.

Humm, you might have something here...

That's very interesting, because your video file could provide the episode name, compensating the lack of episode information from the database.

I keep it in the back of mind, thanks !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:41 pm 

And a collector of series will have a much better list to use when browsing episodes/video files :D

Last edited by kakashi on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:42 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
your video file could provide the episode name, compensating the lack of episode information from the database.

And when I'll add a note field to each video, you'll be able to add the description of the episode.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:46 pm 

kakashi wrote:
And a collector with 500GB of series (me) will have a much better list to use when browsing episodes/video files :D

Your idea is definitively adopted.

When a series is associated to video files, the program will show an episode list. The list won't display the full path of the file, only the file name. And when you'll click an episode, it'll launch in the video player.

I'll do that when the interface redesign is finished (priorities, priorities).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:50 pm 

I know the feeling,.. Are you the only coder working on the Source Codes?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:09 pm 

kakashi wrote:
Are you the only coder working on the Source Codes?

Until very recently, I was the only coder. But since a few days, I'm collaborating with Vadim Zeitlin, an eminent member of the wxWidgets team. We're working on a mac version of Coollector (too bad we've missed the Mac App Store launch). And after that, I hope we'll be able to continue collaborating. It will depend whether Coollector generates enough money or not :worried:

And last but not least, since many years now, there's my faithful cousin Stef. He's not a coder, but he helps me tremendously by maintaining the database information and sharing his ideas. He's as passionate as I am about Coollector.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:03 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
It will depend whether Coollector generates enough money or not :worried:

Will Coollector remain free? :worried:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:45 pm 

kakashi wrote:
Will Coollector remain free? :worried:

I wish... :roll:

I LOVE the idea of giving the program for free !

I thought it was a great concept to get the money not from the users themselves, but from the affiliated stores instead.

Unfortunately, for the moment, it's far from paying the rent, and it's a real problem. I've sold the appartment I lived in to keep working on Coollector, and now there's very little money left. I need to find a solution, and quickly.

That's why the Mac App Store version probably won't be free.

Also, we'll have to see how much our user base will grow thanks to the more attractive redesigned interface.

In the end, maybe the Mac App Store will one day become free, or maybe it's the Windows version that won't stay free for ever. I don't know yet.

At least, even if not free, the price should be reasonable, thanks to the affiliation with the stores.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:40 pm 

Keep up the good work,

When Coollector becomes fully recognized as the best movie database manager\encyclopedia there is then I'm sure that many more people will come to recognize its true potential and will also join with you in doing all they can to make your vision a reality. As long as you uphold your vision to help those around you there will always be those of us who are willing to stand by you and offer any assistance we can.

Heres Some Inspiration I Found Online: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/WMFJA1/en

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:24 pm 

kakashi wrote:
Heres Some Inspiration I Found Online: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/WMFJA1/en

It works for Wikipedia because they have millions of users. We also have a donation button on our homepage, and so far we've received 1 donation. I'm considering removing this button completely.

But I agree with you that Coollector will soon have such a level of quality that it'll inevitably make a splash.