It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Extended filtered search
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:44 pm 

Version 2.72 adds a "more filters" button to the movie filtered search.

I hope you'll like this new feature :D

As always, please report if you find any bug, thanks !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:33 am 

Hi (Cool)Hector,

I just happened to gambole by tonight and spotted the new release with More Filters feature. So I downloaded the exe and added "location" to my filter options. But it only shows -any location- and no actual locations.

Is it supposed to give me a list of my location values like -any year- or -any genre- do when I click on those? My locations are populated with \\192.xxx etc. since I use the location with the PLAY button.

Now that I'm thinking about it; that also means I have someting like 300 unique locations since each location contains a unique *.iso file name in it. Could this be the problem? Too many locations to load?

I get the same result whether I used a local coollection (C: drive) or a network coollection (shared drive).

This could be a helpful feature for me if I could filter to just the first 21 bytes of location. Which would be \\192.xxx.x.xx\disk x :D

But I think that is asking too much. 8)

This is on a Win XP machine.

~KnoWei

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:30 am 

KnoWei wrote:
Is it supposed to give me a list of my location values like -any year- or -any genre- do when I click on those? My locations are populated with \\192.xxx etc. since I use the location with the PLAY button.

In the case of a video file, the location field holds the path of the video file. It has zero interest to list all the paths of all your video files. If you want to list all your video files, use the media type filter and set it to "video file".

On the contrary, it's very useful to list the locations of your physical medias. For instance, you used the location field to number your DVDs... Then you notice that DVD number 165 is missing. To know what was on DVD number 165, you can use the location filter. Another example: you keep several DVDs in a big box in your attic, and you've set their location as "big box in attic". With the location filter, you can get a list of all the DVDs this box contains.

8) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:22 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
In the case of a video file, the location field holds the path of the video file. It has zero interest to list all the paths of all your video files.

Makes sense. Got it.

(cool) Hector wrote:
If you want to list all your video files, use the media type filter and set it to "video file".

Tried this but pretty much lists my whole database :D
But that gave me an idea. I added a "Detail" field called "Share:" and suffixed for each drive ID. Now I can fileter on Detail+Share: xxx to see content of each network drive. Perfect.

(cool) Hector wrote:
On the contrary, it's very useful to list the locations of your physical medias. For instance, you used the location field to number your DVDs... Then you notice that DVD number 165 is missing. To know what was on DVD number 165, you can use the location filter. Another example: you keep several DVDs in a big box in your attic, and you've set their location as "big box in attic". With the location filter, you can get a list of all the DVDs this box contains.

Yes but I'm not that organized. If I used physical location it would just say "last seen somewhere in the house" or something like that. :rofl:

Great new feature. Thanks!

~KnoWei

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:55 am 

KnoWei wrote:
(cool) Hector wrote:
If you want to list all your video files, use the media type filter and set it to "video file".

Tried this but pretty much lists my whole database :D

You're right, there's a bug indeed. I will fix it, of course.

I'm surprised I could miss this bug. I tested, I'm sure. But probably I broke it just after having tested it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:41 am 

Here is the fixed version:

http://www.coollector.com/Coollector.exe

Thank you very much for reporting this bug !

It's very possible that there are other bugs like that. Please report if you notice one.