It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: best way to enter purchased dvds that have multiple movies
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:53 pm 

Hi,

I have a few discount dvds that I purchased, i.e. "50 Horror Classics" that are made up of 3 dvds containing over 60 movies.

1.) Should I request the collection name (above) if it is not in the Movie Encyclopedia or should I request each individual movie.

2) If I request the individual name then will it appear in "Existing Video" as a 50 pack

3.) If it is listed as an individual or even as a 50 pack is this a good example of using a Pack Name to group all of these movies together and then use Location to say where I keep this 3 dvd collection purchased from a store.

I hope you understand what I am asking.

thanks for your assistance.

Tony

Post subject: Re: best way to enter purchased dvds that have multiple movi
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:42 pm 

tonysclassicmovies wrote:
I have a few discount dvds that I purchased, i.e. "50 Horror Classics" that are made up of 3 dvds containing over 60 movies.

This pack is already in our database of existing videos. Go to any of the movies it contains, and you should find it in the "existing videos" box.

1.) Should I request the collection name (above) if it is not in the Movie Encyclopedia or should I request each individual movie.

Only request movies. For the moment, we don't accept video requests.

2) If I request the individual name then will it appear in "Existing Video" as a 50 pack

As I said, currently you can't request a video to be added. The "50 Horror Classics" is already in the database of existing videos, but even if it weren't, you could still add it, as it's possible to create any custom pack you want from scratch.

3.) If it is listed as an individual or even as a 50 pack is this a good example of using a Pack Name to group all of these movies together and then use Location to say where I keep this 3 dvd collection purchased from a store.

Please read the "Custom packs" section to learn how to create any pack you want:

http://www.coollector.com/help2.html

It's really simple.

Post subject: video packs
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:43 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:

This pack is already in our database of existing videos. Go to any of the movies it contains, and you should find it in the "existing videos" box.

Hector, the video you have is 50 Chilling Classics not 50 Horror Classics but that is ok. I can create a custom pack as you have suggested.

thanks

Tony

Post subject: Re: video packs
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:56 pm 

Hector, the video you have is 50 Chilling Classics not 50 Horror Classics but that is ok. I can create a custom pack as you have suggested.

It's named "Horror Classics 50 Movie Pack".

Go for instance to the movie Nosferatu (1922), and you'll find it.