It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Just a suggestion
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:20 am 

Hi all,

I have been using coollector for a few weeks now and is great. However I have a suggestion which I think could be useful.

When one scrolls through the movie encyclopedia tab you see all the movies out there from imdb and then one can click a movie and if you have it (or in my casa saw it) you click add and is now in the owned videos section.

My suggestion is that when you add a movie to the owned section it should dissapear from the ecyclopedia section (or at least there should be a way that one can filter the owned videos from the main encyclopedia). I think this could be a useful addition to the program.

If this already exist please excuse my ignorance and I would be grateful if someone showed me how to do it.

Keep up the good work,

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Just a suggestion
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:43 am 

DrImago wrote:
one can click a movie and if you have it (or in my casa saw it) you click add and is now in the owned videos section.

If you only saw the movie, it's not necessary to add it as owned. Just rate it (good, excellent, bad, etc...).

Please have a look at 'the icons" section of the help:

http://www.coollector.com/help.html

"There isn't such thing as a "seen" icon, as it's not needed. To show that you've seen a movie, simply rate it."

DrImago wrote:
My suggestion is that when you add a movie to the owned section it should dissapear from the ecyclopedia section (or at least there should be a way that one can filter the owned videos from the main encyclopedia).

If you rate all the movies you've seen, the smiley icons should be enough to signal them.

And if you really want to, there's still the possibility to set the "rating" filter to "not rated (not yet seen)". This setting is very useful when you want to list the movies that you've bought (owned) but haven't watched yet (not rated).

Post subject: Re: Just a suggestion
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:09 am 

DrImago wrote:
My suggestion is that when you add a movie to the owned section it should dissapear from the ecyclopedia section

In fact, it's not possible because "Movie Encyclopedia", "Owned Videos" and "Existing Videos" are just shortcuts to quickly set the filters.

"Movie Encyclopedia" => no filter

"Owned Videos" => status is "owned"

"Existing Videos" => status is "existing video is available in stores"

(of course, those 3 shortcuts are also intended to help new users understand how the program is organized)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:57 am 

ok i understand. but still maybe the ability to create a filter which will only show the encyclopedia minus the owned videos would be good i think.

anyways this is a great program

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:12 pm 

DrImago wrote:
still maybe the ability to create a filter which will only show the encyclopedia minus the owned videos would be good i think.

That would mean adding the option "not owned" to the "status" filter.

Personally, I don't really like this idea.

I consider that it's enough that the owned movies have their title underline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:08 am 

oh I didn't notice that. So the movies that are owned have their title underlined in the encyclopedia tab? That is super and it does same the same thing as having a not owned tab.

As I said I am quite new to this program

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:42 am 

DrImago wrote:
So the movies that are owned have their title underlined in the encyclopedia tab?

If owned, the title will be underlined everywhere: in every grid, and of course in the movie panel.

DrImago wrote:
As I said I am quite new to this program

No problem :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:04 am 

Now I better understand how this program works. Cheers man and keep up the good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:23 am 

:D